Due to New Property Tax Cap, Indianapolis Bank Plans Short-Term Sale in Fall
- Nevada Airport Deal Gets Backing From 'New' German Landesbanks. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p4
Reports on the standby bond purchase agreements of the bond issued by Clark County, Nevada with two German banks. Significance of the deal in fostering a strong relationship between the entities; Decision of Bayerische Landesbank and Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg to split the bonds between...
- Indianapolis Bond Bank Poised to Launch Refunding of Water System Purchase Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p6
Reports on the move of Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bond Bank to sell bonds into the bond market. Use of the bond proceeds to refund its debt; Amount of bonds to be sold; Expectation for the bond bank to price the said bonds.
- Banks' Bond Portfolios. // Argentina Commercial Banking Report;Q3 2008, p27
The article provides information about the bond portfolios of the commercial banking sector in Latin America. The various holdings of bonds of several banks are driven by the liquidity and size of the local bond markets, the extent on bond holding and the level of the integration of the system...
- Money-center bonds, on the comeback trail, get boost from analysts. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;2/1/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 20, p32
Focuses on financial analysts' assessment of money-center bank bonds in the United States. Bargain-basement prices; Effect of improved capital markets on money-centers.
- N.Y.C. Closes on $800 Million GO Deal Backed by Five LOCs. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31840, p3
Reports that the government of New York City has sold long-term, variable-rate general obligation bonds. Details of the bond issue secured by letter-of-credit providers; Background on the process used to select the banks involved in the issue; Factors affecting the letter-of-credit market.
- Banks' Bond Portfolios. // Chile Commercial Banking Report;Q1 2008, p22
The article highlights the commercial bank bond portfolios in Chile. A chart is presented depicting the bond portfolios of several Latin American countries, including Argentina, Chile and Venezuela in the later period of 2006. An overview of the size of Chilean commercial bank's collective...
- Global liquidity requirements for banks are watered down. Holt, Natalie // Fundweb;1/7/2013, p12
The article reports that international banks will be subject to a more flexible set of global liquidity standards. The measures will begin to be introduced on January 1, 2015 but will not become fully implemented until January 1, 2019, four years later than previously planned. The calculation...
- UK savings: with-profits sales to grow across all channels to 2008. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;September 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p98
Reports on with-profits bond distribution in Great Britain from 2003 to 2008. Projected increase of the sales of with-profits bonds across all distribution channels in the 2003-08 period; Independent financial adviser channel; Banks and building societies.
- Banks' Bond Portfolios. // Brazil Commercial Banking Report;2008 4th Quarter, p37
The article presents a comparison of the bond portfolios of commercial banks for several countries. It states that the commercial banks' holdings of bonds vary from country to country reflecting the factors such as the size and liquidity of bond markets and the extent to which banks want to hold...