Meriden, Conn., GOs Raised to A3 by Moody's
- Rating the Body Politic. Petersen, John E. // Governing;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p58
Discusses the relationship between municipal bond ratings and the quality of governance or political risk of an issuer. Examination conducted by bond rating agencies regarding defaulted municipal bonds; Set backs in the rating agencies' analysis of defaults; Effect of political risks on the...
- Sauk Rapids Upgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32431, p39
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has upgraded to A2 its rating for Sauk Rapids, Minnesota's general obligation credit in conjunction with the city's sale of almost $1 million in general obligation improvement bonds. The current issue will provide the city with $23.6 million...
- CALIFORNIA: Berkeley Earns AA Grade. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/28/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32782, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of Berkeley, California's rating from AA-minus to AA by Standard & Poor's Corp. on December 21, 2007. The rating agency also upgraded the underlying rating for the Berkeley Joint Powers Financing Authority's lease revenue bonds and certificates of participation...
- CALIFORNIA: Placentia COPs Take a Hit. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/28/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32782, p9
The article reports on the downgrade of Placentia, California's 2003 certificates of participation from BBB to BBB-minus by Standard & Poor's Corp. on December 21, 2007. The rating agency share's that the downgrade reflects the continued weakness of the Orange County city's financial position...
- One-Year Note Index. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p32
Presents monthly information about bond rates as of February 14, 2002.
- Election results for November 4, 1997. Gerard, Juanita // Bond Buyer;11/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30268, p25
Presents the results of the bond election in the United States on November 4, 1997. Approved rates; Defeated rates; Unofficially approved rates; Unofficially defeated rates.
- Refunding Delay Should Prove Profitable for Florida County. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p1
Reports on how a refunding delay should prove profitable for Broward County when it goes to market with a debt rating upgraded to the highest of any county in Florida. Resource recovery revenue bonds; Estimated savings; Upgrade of the bond offering by Standard & Poor's; Rating by Moody's...
- Moody's raises Colo. Water revs to Aaa. // Bond Buyer;03/31/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30610, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has raised the bond rating of the Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority.
- Rating changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/05/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30763, p24
Reports on changes in bond market analysts' ratings of different bond issues in the United States as of November 5, 1999. Bond issuers and underwriters; Amount of bonds outstanding in the issue.