Mass. Expecting '07 Capital Budget of $1.9B
- Bond issue to finance Massachusetts Turnpike restructuring, `bid dig'. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p30
Reports on the approval of bond issues in Massachusetts by the state Turnpike Authority. Use of the proceeds from the issues for the authority's Central Artery/Tunnel project; Reasons for choosing the authority in charge of the project; Value of the estimated issues.
- Massachusetts Considering Bill to Guarantee MassPike Debt. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32920, p22
The article reports on Massachusetts's consideration of a bill that would allow it to extend financial guarantee on $2.2 billion of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority's debt. The legislation includes the state's full faith and credit pledge to $2.2 billion of MassPike debt which partially...
- MassPike Faces Empty Purse; GO Extensions Head to Patrick. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33103, p6
The article focuses on the projection regarding the finances of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MassPike) in Massachusetts in 2009. It has expected that the authority may end the fiscal year on June 30 with no cash reserves due to unforeseen infrastructure needs and an 8% decline in...
- Fitch Lowers MassPike's Big Dig Debt, But Affirms Western Turnpike Rating. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p3
Reports that rating agency Fitch Ratings has downgraded multi-million dollar worth of bonds sold by Massachusetts Turnpike Authority. Factors responsible for the downgrade of the bonds; Affirmation of MTA's western turnpike rating; Concerns regarding MTA's finances.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31789, p25
No abstract available.
- Fitch Places Mass. Turnpike Authority Highway Bonds on Negative Watch. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p63
Reports on the inclusion of the highway system bonds of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority on the Rating Watch Negative by Fitch. Amount of the bonds; Credit rating of the bonds; Deterioration on the revenues of the authority.
- Masspike to issue $600 million, chairman says. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p4
Reports that the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority intends to issue $600 million of revenue bonds in March 1999 according to Chairman James Kerasiotes. Plan unveiled by Kerasiotes; Need of the turnpike to develop more innovative approaches to its financings; Plan to sell federal grant...
- Mass. Turnpike Authority to Move Forward With Conservative Toll Plan. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p3
The article announces the decision of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) to move forward with its toll hikes plan in 2007. The authority will conduct public hearings on increasing the cost to passenger cars by 25 cents to $1.25 on Turnpike extensions and additional 50 cents to tunnel...
- MassPike prices bonds in final big sale for Central Artery. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p35
Focuses on the bond sales by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to finance the Central Artery/Tunnel project in Boston. Syndicate contracted to lead the bond issuance; Rating of the bonds; Potential problems in the bond sales.