Review: The Wells clinical prediction guide and D-dimer testing predict deep venous thrombosis
- The Case Against Aggressive Treatment. Moneta, Gregory L. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1997, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p320
Focuses on a case against aggressive treatment for chronic venous obstruction. Management of patients' post deep-vein thrombosis; Description of May-Husni operation; Information on the Palma operation.
- Isolated internal jugular vein thrombosis: risk factors and natural history. Sheikh, Mobeen A; Topoulos, Arthur P; Deitcher, Steven R // Vascular Medicine;2002, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p177
Deep venous thrombosis (DVT) involving the upper extremities, chest, and neck has become appreciated as a significant cause of morbidity, especially in individuals with central venous access devices (CVAD). Like DVT involving the leg and pelvic veins, axillo-subclavian vein thrombosis can result...
- Anticoagulants in Cirrhotic Patients: Controversies and Certainties in PVT Management. Ponziani, Francesca R.; Zocco, Maria A.; Tortora, Annalisa; Gasbarrini, Giovanni; Gasbarrini, Antonio // Cardiovascular & Hematological Agents in Medicinal Chemistry;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p183
Portal vein thrombosis (PVT) is a relatively common event in patients with advanced-stage liver cirrhosis, even in patients with a compensated disease. Because of the protean clinical manifestation of PVT, ranging from massive variceal bleeding and mesenteric infarction to the complete absence...
- Blood Common vein condition increases risk for developing life-threating blood clots. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/23/2011, Vol. 21, p190
The article reports that patients diagnosed with superficial vein thrombosis (SVT) are more likely to develop venous thromboembolism (VTE) based on the study results published in the "Journal of the American Society of Hematology" (ASH).
- Are we managing deep venous thrombosis of the upper limb appropriately? Fassiadis, N.; Pepas, L.; Chan, M.; Mason, D.; Morgan, M. // Phlebology;2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p120
Objective: The objective of this retrospective study was to analyse risk factors, management and outcome of upper limb deep venous thrombosis (ULDVT) in two London district hospitals. Methods: The study group audited between May 1995 and July 2002 comprised 33 patients with ULDVTs, of which 12...
- Acute DVT: Long-Term Results of Conservative Treatment. Strandness Jr., D. Eugene // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1997, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p309
Discusses the results of a study on a conservative treatment of acute deep-vein thrombosis (DVT). Use of heparin in the conventional therapy for a patient with acute DVT; Effectiveness of the initiation of anticoagulant therapy; Complications associated with DVT.
- Case #2: Calf Vein Thrombosis. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1997, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p332
Discusses a case study on calf vein thrombosis. Description of the patient who was used as subject; Result of the ultrasound test for deep venous thrombosis; Use of heparinization to treat the patient.
- Superficial venous interventions: assessing the risk of DVT. Vedantham, S. // Phlebology;2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p53
Objectives: Understand the potential consequences of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in patients undergoing superficial venous interventions, the proper way to assess DVT risk in patients with superficial venous disease and the appropriate management of patients stratified by risk level. Methods:...
- Subcutaneous Infusion Ports Via the Internal Jugular Vein: Single Center Experience. Karaman, Bulent; Andic, Cagatay; Oren, Nisa Cem; Battal, Bilal; Ustunsoz, Bahri // Eurasian Journal of Medicine;Aug2010, Vol. 41, p78
Our purpose is to report and review the results and early complications of subcutaneous infusion port placement by our interventional radiology department. Materials and Methods: Three-hundred twenty-five subcutaneous infusion ports were placed in 320 patients between January 2005 and May 2010....