Entecavir was more effective than lamivudine in HbeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B: COMMENTARY
- New Treatment Approved for Chronic Hepatitis B. // FDA Consumer;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the approval of Hepsera tablets for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. How Hepsera works; Consideration of liver damage; Side effects.
- FDA OKs New Treatment For Hepatitis B. // RN;Dec2006, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p53
The article reports on the approval given by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to telbivudine as an oral, once-a-day treatment for adult patients with chronic hepatitis B (HBV). Telbivudine is a synthetic thymidine nucleoside analogue. Side effects of drug include upper respiratory...
- Predicting survival in hepatitis B. Sherman, M. // Gut;Nov2005, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p1521
The article focuses on the treatment of chronic hepatitis B infection. Predictors of survival in chronic hepatitis B infection are surprisingly not well described. Various studies have identified different factors that were associated with adverse outcomes. Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) level...
- Therapeutic options for chronic hepatitis B in 2013. Asselah, Tarik; Marcellin, Patrick // Hot Topics in Viral Hepatitis;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 28, p8
In recent years, many improvements have been made in prevention and treatment of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection--one of the major causes of chronic hepatic diseases: cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). The aim of this therapy is preventing the progression of the disease through...
- Hepatitis B: An Assessment of current and future treatment options. Douglas, David D.; Post, David J. // Formulary;Oct2001, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p708
Presents an assessment in the treatment of Hepatitis B virus infections in the United States. Complications of chronic liver disease; Effectiveness in terminating viral replication; Availability of Hepatitis B immune globulin products.
- Efficacy and Safety of Entecavir in Patients With Chronic Hepatitis B and Advanced Hepatic Fibrosis or Cirrhosis. Schiff, Eugene; Simsek, Halis; Lee, William M.; You-Chen Chao; Sette Jr., Hoel; Janssen, Harry L. A.; Steven-Huy Han; Goodman, Zachary; Yang, Joanna; Brett-Smith, Helena; Tamez, Ricardo // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2008, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p2776
OBJECTIVE: The efficacy and safety of entecavir in patients with chronic hepatitis B and advanced liver fibrosis/cirrhosis was assessed from three large, randomized, multicenter, phase III studies. PATIENTS AND METHODS: These studies enrolled patients (â‰¥16 yr) with chronic hepatitis B,...
- Hep B patients anxious for Adefovir. Getty, Jeff // Bay Area Reporter;9/6/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p15
Reports on the status of the application for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's approval of the antiviral drug Adefovir for the treatment of hepatitis B. Number of Americans infected with the disease; Improvement in blood markers and liver functions; Access to drugs through expanded access...
- First nucleotide analog approved for hepatitis B. LoBuono, Charlotte // Drug Topics;10/21/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 20, p15
Reports on the approval of the therapeutic option for hepatitis B virus by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Recommendation for adefovir dipivoxil for the treatment of the disease; Evidence of active liver disease; Tolerance of patients to the therapy. INSET: TIPS TO REMEMBER..
- New Indications. // Drug Topics;11/16/98, Vol. 142 Issue 22, p99
Reports that the United States (US) Food and Drug Administration has granted extended US marketing approval to Schering-Plough's Intron A, a drug used in treating children with hepatitis B.