Entecavir was more effective than lamivudine in HbeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B
- Telbivudine for Chronic Hepatitis B. A Review. Palumbo, Emilio // Anti-Infective Agents in Medicinal Chemistry;2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p245
Three hundred and fifty million people worldwide are estimated to be chronically infected with hepatitis B virus. 15%-40% of these subjects will develop cirrhosis, liver failure or hepatocellular carcinoma during their life. Approved drugs for chronic hepatitis B treatment include: standard...
- Agreement of expert judgment in causality assessment of adverse drug reactions. Arimone, Yannick; Bégaud, Bernard; Miremont-Salamé, Ghada; Fourrier-Réglat, Annie; Moore, Nicholas; Molimard, Mathieu; Haramburu, Françoise // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;May2005, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p169
Background: Global introspection is, with operational algorithms and Bayes' theorem, one of the three main approaches used to assess the causal relationship between a drug treatment and the occurrence of an adverse event. Objective: To analyze and compare the judgments of five senior experts...
- Real-World Experiences with Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate: Is this the "B-Ticket"? Terrault, Norah; Terrault, Norah A // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Oct2016, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p2770
No abstract available.
- Peginterferon-Î±-2b. // Reactions Weekly;4/30/2005, Issue 1049, p13
Discusses research being done on a man who developed psoriasis during treatment with peginterferon-Î±-2b for chronic hepatitis B. Reference to a study by I. Ketikoglou, S. Karatapanis, I. Elefsiniotis, G. Kafiri and A. Moulakakis, published in the March-April 2005 issue of the "European...
- lamivudine. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p456
An encyclopedia entry for "lamivudine" is presented. It refers to a reverse transcriptase inhibitor drug that slows the progression of HIV infection. Aside from HIV infection, the drug is also used in the treatment of longstanding hepatitis B infections. Some of the common side effects of the...
- Calcium hydroxylapatite. // Reactions Weekly;1/5/2008, Issue 1183, p9
This article presents information on the medical case of a 74-year-old woman who experienced early urethral prolapse after transurethral injection of calcium hydroxylapatite and distal urethrectomy. The patient developed stress urinary incontinence after undergoing distal urethrectomy for...
- Adefovir/lamivudine. // Reactions Weekly;Aug2015, Vol. 1564 Issue 1, p17
The article presents case studies of two patients who developed resistance to the treatment of adefovir and/or lamivudine for HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B.
- Antineoplastics. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2015, Vol. 1577 Issue 1, p31
The article presents a case study of a 28-year old woman with acute myeloid leukaemia who was successfully treated with lamivudine for acute hepatitis B that developed while receiving treatment of idarubicin.
- First report of a fixed drug eruption: case report. // Reactions Weekly;7/16/2005, Issue 1060, p12
The article presents a case of a 58-year-old woman who developed a fixed drug eruption associated with loperamide. The patient exhibited skin diseases after taking loperamide. The patient had been taking other medications besides loperamide. These medications were discontinued in order to...