Yoga improved function and reduced symptoms of chronic low-back pain more than a self-care book
- How to blow away the competition. Frank, Lee // Men's Health;Oct94, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p120
Outlines ten breathing techniques which will give you more stamina for a variety of sports. Breathing method for swimming; Techniques for running, weight lifting, tennis, and scuba diving; An abdominal breathing technique from Nancy Zi, opera singer and author of the book `The Art of...
- THE 12 BEST LOWER-BACK EXERCISE. Lefavi, Bob; Wright, James E. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun95, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p106
Presents several exercises for lower-back. Stiff-legged deadlift; Standard deadlift; Reverse back raise.
- BACK TO WORK. LINDAHL, HEIDI // Good Health (Australia Edition);Oct2011, p140
The article offers information on bench back extension exercise which strengthens the back muscles, bottom muscles, and the hamstrings.
- BACK AGAIN. SCHLETTER, MICHAEL // Muscle & Fitness;Mar2014, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p40
The article focuses on the old and new workouts designed for the back muscles by Raphael F. from Teaneck, New Jersey and explains why it is necessary to choose exercises that hit the widest range of muscle fibers.
- a stronger back in one move. Lee, Janet // Shape;Mar2008, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p136
The author reports on an exercise which people can do in order to strengthen their back. Information is provided in the article on how to properly complete the exercise and the benefits which it will bring to a person's back. The author also provides information on mistakes which should be...
- 30 Days To . . . A Stronger Back. // Details;Jun2011, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p91
The article offers step-by-step instructions for doing strengthening exercises for the back.
- Back Extension. Yessis, Michael // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct2004, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p73
Presents information on the back-extension exercise. Execution of the exercise; Primary muscles involved; Tips for maximum effectiveness of the exercise.
- Paced Breathing in Roller-Ski Skating: Effects on Metabolic Rate and Poling Forces. Fabre, Nicolas; Perrey, St�phane; Arbez, Lo�c; Rouillon, Jean-Denis // International Journal of Sports Physiology & Performance;Mar2007, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p46
Purpose: This study aimed (1) to determine whether paced breathing (synchronization of the expiration phase with poling time) would reduce the metabolic rate and dictate a lower rate of perceived exertion (RPE) than does spontaneous breathing and (2) to analyze the effects of paced breathing on...
- 5 MINUTES to calm. // Dolly;Oct2011, Issue 490, p79
The article offers tips on staying calm including doing a belly breathing exercise and meditating.