Shaking the tree
- INTEGRATED BENEFITS. Beattie, Colin // Employee Benefits;Oct2006, Special section p2
The article focuses on the importance of integrated services for pension schemes Great Britain. The author discusses a solution that will help on the horizon for trustees of defined benefit schemes. One of these is the increasing more focus on scheme longetivity risks as on scheme investment...
- Saving (for) the future. MacDonald, Jim // Canadian Investment Review;Winter2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
Discusses the role of pension funds and participants in saving the pension industry. Factors that contributed to the decline of the pension system; Challenges faced by employer-sponsored pension plans; Importance of increasing the level of personal savings and plan funding.
- Pension check. Clarke, Chris // Lawyer;7/19/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p25
Discusses the impact of a law aimed at simplifying pensions in Great Britain. Role of the law in making the future administration of pension schemes more straightforward; Effect on anyone who has the potential to accumulate a pension fund or pension rights of greater than the statutory lifetime...
- Pensions exceptional item. Patient, Matthew; Faris, John; Holgate, Peter // Accountancy;Mar1991, Vol. 107 Issue 1171, p76
This article focuses on pension funds. SSAP 24, Accounting for pension costs, states that the principle of spreading a surplus or deficiency forward over the expected remaining service lives of current employees should not be applied where there has been a significant reduction in the number of...
- Take the politics out of pensions with dream team. Bee, Steve // Money Marketing;5/5/2005, p26
The article presents the author's view that whether one thinks it is an actual crisis or a perceived one, there is no doubt that Great Britain is in the grip of a crisis of confidence in pensions that has the potential to be crippling if it is not tackled head-on. Now is not the time to...
- Certificate delays pose problems in taking pensions. Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;6/8/2006, p5
The article reports on the problems in processing protected benefits application forms in Great Britain. The Internal Revenue Service had promised to issue certificates within 15 working days in 90 percent of cases but nearly reject a third of the protection of existing right forms form those...
- Hong Kong retirement plan to generate new biz. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;02/08/99, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p17
Focuses on the Mandatory Provident Fund, the required retirement plan to be launched in Hong Kong, China in Year 2000. Estimated amount in long-term pension fund savings; Organization of the mandatory plan by plan administrators such as banks, insurance companies and some large fund houses; Aim...
- Survey Finds Lack of Awareness Leads Many to Not Offer Retirement Benefits. // Business Journal (Central New York);04/28/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p11
Reports on a United States survey revealing some of the reasons companies do not offer their workers retirement benefits. Lack of awareness of savings-incentive match plan for employees; Lack of knowledge about simplified employee pensions; Employee preference; High work force turnover.
- Getting politics out of public pension funds. Romano, Roberta // American Enterprise;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p42
Argues that the structure of public pension funds should be changed to insulate them from political pressures and protect the benefits of retirees. Nature and source of the problem; Suggested solutions.