Support for Bridge Plan
- Clay urges extension of unemployment benefits. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;11/25/2010, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the move of Congressman William Lacy Clay to urge congressional colleagues to extend emergency unemployment benefits for two million Americans in Washington.
- Federal file. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;10/22/97, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on House Representative William L. Clay's comments against Missouri state attorney general Jeremiah W. Nixon who is undermining a segregation order that allows black students in Saint Louis to attend surrounding county schools while white students from outlying areas are bused to the...
- Lacy Clay announces $5 million for Metro buses. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;7/26/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 51, p3
The article reports that Democrat William Lacy Clay from St. Louis, Missouri, has announced grants worth 5 million dollars from the U.S. Transportation Department to replace and repair buses for the Metro bus system in the city of St. Louis and St. Louis County in Missouri.
- Clay is likely labor-panel head. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;2/21/94, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p69
Reports on Representative William Clay's possible chairmanship of the House Education and Labor Committee following the retirement of Representative Bill Ford.
- Should the House Pass H.R. 4, the Personal Responsibility Act? CON. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul95, Vol. 74 Issue 6/7, p183
Presents Missouri Representative William Clay's argument against the passage of H.R. 4, the Personal Responsibility Act at the House floor debate on March 21, 1995.
- The problems with education coupons. Jones, Joyce; Spruell, Sakina P. // Black Enterprise;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p36
Provides information on education vouchers in the United States. What a voucher program can provide; How Representative William Clay Sr., who served on the United States House Education and the Workforce Committee, described vouchers; Real beneficiaries of any voucher program; Its drawbacks.
- AFL-CIO endorses Clay over Carnahan. Clay, William // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;4/12/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 36, p1
The article announces that the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) in Missouri has endorsed Congressman William L. Clay for the Democratic nominations in primary election.
- Is There A Conspiracy Against Black Leaders? Rowan, Carl T. // Ebony;Jan1976, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p33
The article presents the black officials who are being thrown out of office on criminal charges in the U.S. They include Cincinnati's Vice Mayor William J. Chenault, who faces felony charges of embezzlement and theft in office, Shirley Chrisholm, the first black woman elected to Congress and has...
- Federal file. Pitsch, Mark; Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;2/7/96, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p15
Reports that Representative William L. Clay of the House Economic and Educational Opportunities Committee has issued a report card on the 104th Congress flunking the committee's Republicans. Reason behind the poor marks; Clay's justification of his rating.