Prudential Plans to Fold Single-State Funds Into Larger Fund
- Prudential Investments. // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, Mutual Fund Directory p47
Features investment company Prudential Investments. Largest portfolio managers; Total assets under management; Total municipal assets under management; Number of funds; Number of municipal funds; Investment outlook; Top funds ranked by total return.
- High price tags keep banks from mutual fund firms. Ratner, Juliana // American Banker;1/31/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 21, p16A
Presents a review of merger and acquisition deals involving mutual fund firms in 1996. Purchase of Keystone Investments Inc. by First Union Corp.; Reasons why bankers shied away from fund companies; Stability of prices for retail fund companies; Morgan Stanley Group's acquisition of Van...
- European Investment Firms Go On Buying Spree. Barney, Lee; Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;06/26/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p1
Predicts that the acquisition of three United States asset management companies by European firms may be prelude to additional foreign acquisitions.
- Community Fund delays merger move. // Community Care;1/30/2003, Issue 1457, p13
Reports the postponement of the merger of Community Fund with the New Opportunities Fund after voluntary sector organizations expressed their concerns. Agreement concerning government interference; Implications of the merger.
- Merger mania fans the flames in financial services. Strudwick, Barry; Grant, Chris // Business Press;2/23/96, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p21
Discusses the impact of company consolidations and mergers on the mutual funds sector in Texas in 1995. Average returns in 1995; Impact of performance on the longevity of the business; Philosophy of seeking out aggressive newer companies.
- News briefs. // Electronic Education Report;12/08/99, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p8
Reports on investment firm Ripplewood Holdings' purchase of the Supplemental Education Division of Primedia Inc.
- ABP, consultant change personnel. // Pensions & Investments;1/20/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p18
Reports that a merger of various investment companies in Europe, have influenced a change in the role of senior investment personnel. Identification of various roles which were filled at Pensioenfonds ABP and other companies; Selection of Robert Coomans, as manager at European equity investments.
- Trimming unit trusts. // Finance Week;4/7/2003, p39
Reports on merger deals in the unit trust fund market in South Africa. Factors that contribute to the growing number of merger deals in the industry; Benefits provided by mergers to unit trust funds.
- Full speed in takeover lane. Walkley, Pam // Bulletin with Newsweek;08/29/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6239, p66
Reports on consolidation and merger activity in the Australian mutual fund sector. Value of merger deals over a recent three-year period; Fund managers' reasons for participating in merger deals; Differences of various takeover bids.