TxDOT Requests More Bonding Authority From Lawmakers
- Texas Seeks Private Funding to Meet Transportation Needs. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;10/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32491, p38
The article reports on the call of Ric Williamson, chairman of the Texas Transportation Commission, for public-private partnerships for the state's transportation infrastructure in order to help the state funding and to attract businesses. Williamson expressed his concerns during the annual...
- Despite Losing Leader, Trans Texas Corridor Moving Ahead. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/3/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32785, p28
The article reports on the decision of Texas to pursue plans for the Trans Texas Corridor in early 2008, despite the loss of Texas Transportation Commission (TTC) chairman Ric Williamson because of heart attack. It is expected that TTC will continue with one of the board members acting as...
- Texas Set To Sell $2.25B. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32463, p1
The article reports on the issuance of $2.25 billion of highway bonds by the Texas Transportation Commission. The agency is planning to sell its first $1.25 billion bond transaction backed by the Texas Mobility Fund during the first week of October 2006. The legislature established the mobility...
- Road Warrior. Burka, Paul // Texas Monthly;Jun2007, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p10
The author presents his concerns to Texas Transportation Commissioner Ric Williamson and his Trans-Texas Corridor policy. The Corridor is a plan to relieve congestion on major highways by allowing private companies to bid for the right to build and operate toll roads. The author explains the...
- Texas Transportation Deal Leads Smaller Slate With $1B. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;9/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32719, p36
The article reports on the $1 billion revenue bond deal for the Texas Transportation Commission which headed up the primary new-issue market. The deal represents about 23 percent of the bonds slated to be priced. The bonds which the commission will market are backed by the state highway fund and...
- Texas Transportation Agency OKs Local Plans Worth $136B. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p3
Reports on the approval of the plans for transportation development projects submitted by local agencies to the Texas Transportation Commission in Texas. Total amount of the projects; Identification of county planning agencies that submitted the plans; Plan to prioritize projects that had...
- Public transportation funding awarded. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);8/14/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p6
The article reports that The Texas Transportation Commission has approved the $11.6 million financial support for public transportation in Texas.
- Colorado Valley Transit among those getting funds. // East Bernard Express (TX);6/19/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 25, p9
The article reports that various rural and urban mobility programs across Texas were awarded with federal and state funds amounting to 60 million U.S. dollars by the Texas Transportation Commission on May 2014 including the Colorado Valley Transit.
- Transportation Commission Minute Order All Talk, No teeth," Says TURF Founder Terri Hall. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);6/4/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the inadequacies of the Minute Order of the Texas Transportation Commission in May 2008.