Utah Authority Awaits Decision on Transit GOs
- Utah Transit Mulling $895M GO Election for Light-Rail Lines. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p48
The article reports on the plan of the Utah Transit Authority to place an $895 million general obligation bond proposal on the November 2005 ballot to speed up construction of four light-rail lines. The Salt Lake County Council has said it expects to approve the authority's request for the...
- New Arena Plan Would Rely on Albuquerque Backing Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p6
Reports on the prospect for Albuquerque, New Mexico to back debt for a new multimillion-dollar arena. Provision of two bond issues through the Finance Authority; Requirement for Albuquerque to make debt payments if the revenue streams fell below projections; View of city officials on the...
- Uruguay: Fiscal Challenges Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p11
Deals with the fiscal challenges to Uruguay in 2005. Status of the US$ Global bond incurred by the country; Influence of the election of President Tabare Vazquez on the economy of the nation; Efforts of the administration of the President to implement crucial fiscal reforms in the country.
- Atlanta sees uptick in borrowing costs; wades through heavy supply. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p28
Reports on two borrowing deals issued by the city of Atlanta, Georgia during the week of November 19, 1998. Value of each transaction; Negative outlook assigned by Standard & Poor's to the city; Pricing of the general obligation bonds; Structure of the certificate of participation refunding deal.
- Argentina: Stalemate On Debt Talks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p11
Deals with the insistent demand of Argentina for a write-down in the face value of its bond debt. Flaws of the proposal; Warning to bond holders.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p33
Presents a chart depicting the changes in the bond transaction of several states in the U.S. as of July 26, 2005.
- Orange County, Calif., Returning to Market With $84M Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p36
Reports the decision of the county government to issue a lease of revenue refunding bonds through the Public Finance Authority in Orange County, California. Contribution of the proceeds in refunding the debt sold by the Public Financing Corp.; Firms underwriting the bonds; Changes undergone by...
- Dom Rep: Debt Crunching, But Optimism Prevails. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p9
Deals with the delay in the US$ Global 13 bond payment of the government of Dominican Republic in February 2005. Impact of its restructuring negotiations with the Paris Club group on the coupon payment; Plan of the government concerning the extension of the maturities of the bond; Introduction...
- Oklahoma City Empowerment Zone Deal Stopped Short After Company Drops Out. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p4
Reports on the failure of an attempt to issue empowerment zone bonds in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Discontinuation of Pinnacle Healthcare to finance the tax-exempt project in building a downtown hospital; Amount of the unused bond debt by the city; Ability of the city to use the empowerment zone...