Audit Delay Controversy
- District awards construction contracts worth $12 million. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);4/7/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 8, pB4
The article reports that the Spokane Public Schools district has awarded four construction contracts worth 12 million dollars in Spokane County, Washington.
- Burnet $26 million school bond passes. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/5/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the approval of the $26 million bond package by voters in the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District which will be used for the repair and renovation of many campus buildings and their football stadium and athletic facilities.
- All Receive According to Their Needs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31038, p1
Reports on the California State Allocation Board's plan to adopt a need-based system of allocating school construction matching funds. Implications for districts' needs to issue debt; California's response to a Los Angeles Superior Court ruling that showed the failure of the state's first-come,...
- School bill stalls. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2A
Presents news updates pertaining to a legislation that would help Michigan school districts leverage up to $650 million of bonds for new school construction projects.
- Few Takers So Far for Low-Interest Renovation Bonds. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;03/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p36
Deals with the federal government's Qualified Zone Academy Bonds, a school building renovation program for school districts in the United States. Interest rate of the program; Problems with the distribution of its funds; Eligibility requirements; Process of securing a loan.
- Bond measure at work. // American School & University;Mar2008, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p12
The article presents information on Laura G. Rodriguez Elementary School in San Diego, California. The school is one of the San Diego Unified School District's 12 new and three rebuilt schools being constructed with funding from Proposition MM, a $1.5 billion bond measure. The buildings have 32...
- Efficiency in Education. Anesi, Jen // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/4/2014, Vol. 252 Issue 14, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses reports within the issue on topics including the HVAC systems upgrades for school buildings, energy-saving upgrades in school HVAC systems, and financing options for HVAC upgrades in school districts.
- Six Utah School Districts Pass $632 Million Worth of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p36
The article reports on the approval of bond referendums by voters in six school districts in Utah. The approval would give way for more than $632 million of general obligation issuance. The proceeds will finance six new elementary schools, reconstruction of an existing facility and a new junior...
- SOLUTIONS CENTER. Lustig, Susan // American School & University;Oct2004, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p12
Answers questions regarding school maintenance and expenses in the U.S. Factors that affect the amount of square feet of school buildings maintained per custodian; School districts which have the lowest per-pupil expenditures.