Conning Hires Mansour as First Muni Analyst for Research, Risk Management
- PL agents won't go exclusive: NU poll. Pasher, Victoria Sonshi // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;2/26/96, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p29
States that Harford, Connecticut (Conn.)-based Conning & Company says that independent agent may need to produce one or two carriers in order to survive in the industry. Number of agents who responded to poll.
- Conning holds initial close of the fifth fund. K.H. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p4
States that Conning and Company said it closed the initial closure of the fund at Conning Insurance Capital LP V at $146 million. Target set for the fund; Investors included in the fund; Details on the fund; Information on a study released by the company Private Equity Group regarding financial...
- Conning Sees Possible 'Smoking Gun' Dilemma Similar TO Enron's Cesspool, Slowing Pace Of Future M&A Transaction. // Insurance Advocate;5/6/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 17, p29
Focuses on the result of the study 'Mergers & Acquisitions and Public Equity Offerings: 2002 Edition,' conducted by Conning & Co.
- One third of all U.S. business is owned by women. // Forum (10566937);Oct97, Issue 185, p20
Features a study by Conning and Company, which shows that one third of all businesses in the United States today, are owned by women and these businesses account for 25 percent of all sales receipts in the nation. What the study was based on; Statements from Claude Fongemie, author of the study...
- Shrinking mkt. squeezes personal lines agencies. Pasher, Victoria Sonshi // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/14/95, Vol. 99 Issue 33, p3
Cites comments by insurance agents concerning the outcome of the study on personal lines agencies by Conning & Co. Doubts on the validity of the study; Effect of increased competition with direct writers; Personal lines to be sold through sophisticated marketing technology; Competition among...
- Report blames cat losses on insurers' actions. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/09/96, Vol. 100 Issue 50, p9
Highlights the report `Homeowners Insurance: The Problems in the Product,' by Conning & Company, which shows that homeowners insurers have been affected by many natural causes in the United States since 1989. Information on thereport; How the insurance industry can limit the risk.
- M&As Fell In '99, Conning Says. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/22/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p2
Deals with the merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the insurance sector of the United States in 1999 according to a report released by Conning and Company. Factors contributing to M&A predictions of continued high levels in 1999; Number of M&A deals done in 1999 according to the report...
- Future differs for commercial and personal lines agents: Study. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;02/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p20G
Presents information on a study conducted by Conning and Company based in Hartford, Connecticut, on the future of independent insurance agents in the United States. Findings of the study; What the study was based on; Which group control the majority of commercial insurance; How the Internet...
- Conning: Upheaval due in medical malpractice. Niedzielski, Joe // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/15/97, Vol. 101 Issue 37, p39
Focuses on the United States health care delivery system transformation in medical malpractice insurance markets with reference to a study from Conning and Company. What the study revealed; Comments from Nancy Carini, assistant vice president at Conning and Company.