Vermont Is Site of Latest Win in Firms' Push for MSA Arbitration
- Tobacco firms balk as ad ban moves closer. // Precision Marketing;11/8/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the concern of the tobacco industry in Great Britain with the unopposed passage of the Tobacco Advertising & Promotion Bill. Enactment of the law in year 2003; Ban on direct marketing of tobacco products, covering promotions, free distribution of tobacco and branded products.
- Tobacco. DEER, JESSICA // Eastern Door;6/8/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p10
In this article, the author reflects on the implementation of the anti-tobacco legislation Community Decision-Making Process (CDMP) that has banned the use of tobacco in Kahnawake, Quebec and also mentions the area that should be considered by the tobacco industry.
- Tobacco stakeholders worried about legislation direction. DEER, JESSICA // Eastern Door;6/ 6/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p6
The article reports on the Type 2 classification of the proposed Kahnawake Tobacco Law of the Kahnawake Legislative Coordinating Commission (KLCC) which causes worries toward the Kahnawake Tobacco Working Group on whether to support the classification.
- Regulating board continues tobacco meeting. Tardif, Richard // Eastern Door;10/21/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p4
The article reports that Tobacco's Interim Regulatory Board of Kahnawake, Quebec continued its discussion on the regulatory system that will sustain the tobacco industry, wherein they tackled on how to legitimize the industry and the deal with the federal government to license manufacturers.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // Tobacco Retailer;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p11
The article offers news briefs related to tobacco which includes the launching of the website Citizens for Tobacco Rights by Altria and the 50-billion-U.S. dollar worth of lawsuit faced by tobacco companies in Canada.
- BREATHTAKING REGULATIONS. // Tobacco Products International;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p28
Photographs are presented that represent the tobacco industry in Turkey including the citizens protest on government regulation, tobacco cultivation, and tobacco farms.
- Tobacco on Top in Mass. MSA Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/27/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32411, p1
The article reports that the Suffolk County Superior Court in Massachusetts has ruled that the commonwealth must submit to binding arbitration to resolve a dispute with tobacco companies. The dispute involved the reduced 2006 payments made to states under the terms of the 1998 Master Settlement...
- Tobacco legislative deal could benefit insurers. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/09/96, Vol. 100 Issue 37, p6
Reports on a legislative deal being brokered for the American tobacco industry. Immunity for cigarette makers from lawsuits; Creation of a multibillion dollar compensation fund by tobacco companies; Requirement for cigarette makers to spend millions on anti-smoking advertisements.
- Marlboro man to Congress: Drop dead. Headden, Susan; Garrett, Major; Walsh, Kenneth T.; Lavelle, Marianne // U.S. News & World Report;04/20/98, Vol. 124 Issue 15, p28
Reports on how the tobacco industry announced in early April that it will no longer negotiate with the United States Congress or President Bill Clinton. Details of the lawsuits involving the tobacco industry; Details of the McCain Bill; Comments.