Munis Unchanged to Weaker, Lagging Treasuries
- Munis Mixed While Treasuries Fall; N.Y. Agency Prices $350 Million Deal. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p2
Focuses on the performance of municipal and treasury bonds in the U.S. bond market on February 10, 2003. Report by traders in the bond market regarding selective buying; Reasons for the lack of demand for municipal bonds; Bonds bought by retail investors.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Munis, Treasuries Show Little Response to Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on August 3, 2006. Both the municipal bonds and Treasuries showed little reaction to economic data. Investors are still waiting for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, April 13. // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p2
Presents a chart depicting economic indicators for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of April 13, 2004.
- Municipal Bonds Weaken After FOMC Announcement on Rates. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p2
Discusses the impact of the indication by policymakers of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board of considerations to raise interest rates on the municipal bond market. Remarks from Michael Ryan, chief fixed-income strategist at UBS Investment Bank, regarding the matter; Status of the municipal bond...
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- California's $7.9B Deal Captivates Market; Munis End Session Weaker. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p2
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Focus on the institutional pricing of California's economic recovery bonds (ERB); Treasury's announcement that it planned to sell three-, five- and 10-year notes; Ratings assigned to the California ERB;...
- Munis Remain Firm, Treasuries End Lower After Quiet Session. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p2
Reports on the municipal bond market and cash bonds in the U.S. as of August 20, 2004. Increase in the price of oil; Likelihood of improvement in durable goods orders; Statement of Lynn Reaser, chief economist at Banc of America Capital Management regarding the Institute for Supply Management...