How to Help Older Divorcing Women Avoid the Bag Lady Blues
- 5 TIPS FOR SELECTING A FINANCIAL ADVISER. // Finweek;3/18/2010, p12
The article offers tips on how to choose a financial adviser including selecting those that have appropriate business experience and education, considering advisers that offer clear compensation expectations, and choosing those with proven track records.
- What to consider when shopping for a financial advisor. Rigtrup, Jim // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/4/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p9
The author offers suggestions on selecting the right financial advisor. He presents a few questions one should ask a potential advisor to determine if he or he is the right one. He cites the need to seek help from someone who has at least five years experience in business, preferably much more....
- Finding a financial planner. Conheady, Kay // Empty Closet;Oct2004, Issue 373, pA8
Presents a step-by-step process of finding a financial planner. Identification of personal finance categories to focus on; Compilation of a list of potential candidates; Reduction of the original list into a short list; Preparation of interview questions and interview of shorlisted candidates.
- Stayin' Alive. Prince, Russ Alan; File, Karen Maru // Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p143
Explores the services offered by some financial planners. Primary function of indispensable adviser; Factors that drive investors to financial advisers; Variety of future payments that can be acquired.
- Some Small-Town Advice. Leder, Gerri // On Wall Street;Feb2006, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p80
The article gives advice on managing an independent financial planning practice in rural areas in the U.S. A successful practice has been exemplified by Eddie Barrett of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. To be successful, Barrett keeps it simple in his transaction-based practice, listens intently...
- ADVICE WORTH THE PRICE. Woolley, Suzanne; Garcia, Erica; Nash, Jeff // Money;Aug2001, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p69
Offers tips on finding the proper adviser for one's personal finances. Risks of personal financial advice; Changes which have taken place in the industry; Advice for choosing an advisor; Questions which may help to define one's expectations of an adviser; Questions to ask an adviser upon...
- ME & MY PLANNER. J.N. // Money;Aug2001, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p71
Reports on the relationship between investor Lewis Mazzuca and his financial planner, Mark Brown. Mazzuca's past relationships with planners; Reasons for choosing Brown; Mazzuca's portfolio.
- ME & MY ADVISER. E.G. // Money;Aug2001, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p74
Focuses on the relationship between investors Karen and Gerald Gregory and their financial adviser Vivian Hairston. Past relationships with advisers; How she helped them achieve their financial goals; Habits of the investors.
- ME & MY PLANNER. E.G. // Money;Aug2001, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p80
Focuses on the relationship between a couple whose assets increased by a half million dollars in a short time, and their financial planner. Priorities of saving for their children's education and of retirement; Recommendations the adviser made.