Talking Point: Plugging Into Podcasts
- BBC Radio 3 presentsâ€¦ Fifty Modern Classics. Wolf, David // Prospect;Dec2011, Issue 189, p11
The article presents information related to the podcast series "Fifty Modern Classics" from BBC Radio 3.
- Media road test. Hassell, Chris // Marketing (00253650);6/16/2010, p6
The article focuses on the functions of the Guardian Eyewitness in iPad applications.
- On my iPod. // New Zealand Management;Sep2010, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p6
The article offers information on the songs that Peter Walls, chief executive officer (CEO) of the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra, listen to on his iPod.
- Norway unveils podcast promotion. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/7/2006, Issue 2711, p28
The article reports that the Norwegian Tourist Board is giving free 30-minute podcast to capture the iPod generation. The broadcast offers information about the cuisine, cities and beaches of the Scandinavian country. The iPod is another form of media giving people instant access to information....
- WSJ iPad Pricing Model Is Bad News. Gill, Kathy // Moderate Voice;3/29/2010, p23
The article reports on the plan of Wall Street Journal to charge 17.99 dollars a month for an iPad subscripton. It presents the new pricing scheme of WSJ's subscription plans which includes, the 20 dollars a month for WSJ newspaper, 18 dollars a month for WSJ newspaper plus online and 14.99...
- WEALTH MANAGEMENT MEDIA SCAN. Raab, Marian // American Banker;7/1/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 126, p10
This article presents financial news taken from other publications. "The Wall Street Journal" reported that mutual fund fees continue to rise, while "The New York Times" published a report on the success of small-cap stocks. Kiplinger.com said that investors should not let market turmoil spur...
- CEOs favor the Wall Street Journal coverage when crisis hits. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 11 Issue 63, p27
Presents the results of a survey indicating chief executive officers' (CEO) preference for `The Wall Street Journal' over other major publications when it comes to their coverage of crises. Other publications preferred by CEOs.
- A Golden Age of Podcasting? Evaluating Serial in the Context of Podcast Histories. Berry, Richard // Journal of Radio & Audio Media;Nov2015, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p170
This article considers the 2014 podcastSerialwithin a context of technical change and podcast histories. Building on previous work, the author argues thatSerialis a significant moment in the history of podcasting. Recent trends have shifted podcasts from iPods to networked screen-based mobile...
- Blogging Is So Last Year--Now Podcasting Is Hot. Balas, Jane L. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p29
This article features the popularity of podcasting in the U.S. in 2005. Podcasts, which are audio files that can be downloaded and played either through a computer or an MP3 player such as an iPod, began to appear on the Internet. Created by ordinary people, podcasts use RSS technology and can...