Financially Clueless Couples (Okay, Mostly Men)â€¦
- PFM Gets Married. Quittner, Jeremy // Bank Technology News;Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the move of PNC Financial Services Group Inc. in allowing joint account holders to get more detailed view of each other's spending through its virtual wallet account. It notes that virtual wallet account is an online product that borrows themes from the personal financial...
- Who's Communicating? // Accounting Today;7/23/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 13, Special section p8
This article reveals that 81 percent of married women as opposed to 44 percent of married men believe that they share equal decisions about financial planning with their spouses. More than 50 percent of men say that they make most of the financial decisions while just less than 25 percent of...
- HOW COUPLES MISUSE MONEY. Smith, Larry L. // Family Therapy: The Journal of the California Graduate School of;1992, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p131
When a married couple has financial problems, many assume it is because they have not learned how to manage their money properly. Although this does occur, the problem is often the misuse of money as one partner tries to control or punish the other. This paper discusses some of the ways couples...
- PNC 'Repositions' Itself, Taking $615M Charge. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;1/4/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the financial management strategy of PNC Financial Services Group Inc. in the U.S. Worth of the after-tax charge; Plan to reposition in venture capital business; Decision to repurchase the company shares.
- PNC Unveils Fee-Only Platform. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Mar2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the launching of the Wealth Management Group by PNC Advisors company in January 2002. Target client of the financial planning offering of the PNC unit; Competitive advantages of Wealth Management Group; Comments of financial planners on the creation of Wealth Management Group.
- Worry Rises over Wealth's Power to Harm Its Heirs. Ackerman, Ruthie // American Banker;1/25/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 12, p7
The article discusses research by the PNC Financial Services Group Incorporated which found that wealthy Americans have become more concerned since the year 2008 that their children are becoming spoiled. According to the article, approximately 35% of the respondents believe that their children...
- A Total Financial Partner. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/29/2010 Supplement, p2
The article discusses the various ways that Provident National Corporation (PNC) Financial Services Group Inc. can make life easier for two Indy natives in Brown County, Indiana. It notes that PNC takes care of the financial matters of Norman and Teresa Oestrike, most notably with paying the...
- Regional Banks Struggle to Gain Traction in Wealth Management. Cumming, Chris // Financial-planning.com;5/1/2015, p1
For several years, regional banks have been furiously trying to boost fee income by beefing up in wealth management. But costs have made it hard to gain traction in this all-but saturated market.
- PNC Broker Unit Extends SunGard Pact. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;8/22/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 162, p13
The article reports on an announcement by software company SunGard that Hilliard Lyons, a unit of PNC Financial Services Group Inc., has renewed its contract for SunGard's WealthStation wealth management technology platform. WealthStation is an integrated advisor tool combining capabilities that...