South of the Border Confab
- Agents Challenging New Goals in 2004. Higgins, Barry // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/12/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the insurance agents challenge in setting goals in the development of the action plans in the U.S. Basis on majority of the goals; Important element in goal setting; Provision of financial services to other allied professional organizations.
- To thrive, agents must sell funds. Van Benschoten, Richard // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/28/98, Vol. 102 Issue 39, p34
Opinion. Argues that insurance agents must expand into full service planning operation. Clients' demand for financial products; Dissolution of the lines between insurance and banking industries; Benefits from selling investment products.
- H.R. 10 Changes Sought To Widen Support. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/12/99, Vol. 103 Issue 15, p3
Reports that insurance industry in the United States (US) is developing a series of amendments to financial services reform legislation they hope jointly promote in the US House Commerce Committee. Insurance agent groups involve in the discussions; Remarks from Robert Rusbuldt of the...
- End game for H.R. 10. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/7/98, Vol. 102 Issue 36, p72
Editorial. Focuses on the debate over the financial services reform bill in the United States. Commendation of the effort of insurance agent and company negotiators for their role in shaping the bill; Focus of insurance agents' interest in the proposed bill; Compromises included in the bill.
- An Open Letter to Independent Insurance and Benefits Agencies. // Employee Benefit Adviser;Oct2013, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p32
The article offers information on the aspects of insurance industry and benefits agencies. It discusses several facts which includes crisis faced by the industry in both independent agency system and strategy driving agency, unbelievable industry with personal and financial rewards that provides...
- Lessons From MGAS. // National Underwriter / P&C;11/5/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 41, p28
The article reports that managing general agents (MGAs) who do errors and omissions (E&O) coverage must secure the coverage themselves in the financial services industry in the U.S. According to Glenn W. Clark of Rockwood Programs, a confident partnership dynamic must be built between carriers...
- National alliance for insurance education unviels CRM International course at risk conference. // Insurance Advocate;01/12/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p25
Introduces the Certified Risk Managers International course offered by National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research for insurance agents in Texas. Overview concerning the course; Special event where the course was introduced; Significance of the course for the financial services industry.
- What Does Agent Compensation Reform Mean for You? Bassett, Michael // Insurance Conference Planner;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the implications of agent compensation reform on meetings and incentive programs in the financial services and insurance industry in the U.S. Model legislation adopted by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) in December 2004; Description on the agent...
- Insurance Brokers & Agents. // Las Vegas Business Press;2004 Book of Lists, p54
Lists the largest insurance brokerage companies in Las Vegas, Nevada ranked according to number of local members. Orgill/Singer & Associates; Kaercher Insurance Agency Inc.; Brandise & Martinet.