A Planner's Cautionary Tale
- Unflappable. BURGESON, ESTHER // Minnesota Meetings & Events;Fall2014, p64
The article offers information on Koleen Roach, director of meetings and conference management at Securian Financial Group in St. Paul, Minnesota, featuring her career as an event planner at Dayton-Hudson Corp. and in Securian.
- Member Spotlight. Roach, Koleen // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jan2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p33
An interview with Koleen Roach, director of Meetings and Conference Management, Securian Financial Group Inc. is presented. When asked what was the most important thing for her in attending the 2011 Financial & Insurance Conference Planners (FICP) Annual Conference, she refers to networking. She...
- CLIENTS DON'T TELL FINANCIAL ADVISORS THEIR SECRETS. // Accounting Today;Oct2013, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p17
The article reports that a survey conducted by the Securian Financial Group has revealed that almost a third of consumers who work with financial advisors admit that they have not disclosed critical information that would affect their financial status.
- Poker Face. Britton, Diana // REP.;Oct2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p18
The article presents the findings of a survey conducted by Securian Financial Group Inc. in the U.S., which revealed that around one third of clients hide several financial informations about them from their financial advisors.
- CONFERENCE CHAMPION. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jan2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p19
An interview with Bill Kavanaugh, senior vice president of Securian Financial Group Inc.'s distribution management is presented. When asked about the company's condition amidst the global economic turmoil, he states that the company has maintained its high rates and notes that their firm is...
- Six Secrets of a Successful Program. // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the factors behind the success of the National Sales Convention part of the employee recognition program of Securian Financial Group. Inc. in the U.S. Requirements set for new advisors; Significance of the market fair held during the convention; Entertainment options provided for...
- Most CFPs. // On Wall Street;Sep2004 Resource Guide, Vol. 14, p56
Presents a chart of certified financial planners of several independent broker-dealer firms in the U.S. as of 2004. Lincoln Financial Advisors; Waterstone Financial Group; Securian Financial Services.
- Big Gains from Small Business. Mseka, Ayo // Advisor Today;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p56
The article focuses on the study commissioned by Securian Financial Group which concludes that women small-business owners (SBOs) represent a vital part of opportunity for financial advisors. Based on the study, women SBOs are more likely to have annuities and business ownership strategy plans...
- What Do Clients Keep from Advisers? Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2013, p70
The article discusses the highlights of the study "Client Secrets: What People Don't Tell Their Financial Advisers," released by mutual financial services corporation Securian Financial Group. Findings revealed that health and marital problems are the often kept secrets from advisers. Twenty...