Milestones in the natural course of onset of cigarette use among adolescents
- Smoking cessation treatment options. Ledger, Séadna // CANNT Journal;Jul-Sep2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Presents a smoking cessation treatment program. Objectives of the program; Rank of cigarette smoking as a cause of preventable death in Canada; Negative effect of smoking on kidney; Problem of nicotine addiction; Pharmacologic management of smoking cessation treatment.
- Smoking cessation. Lantz, Melinda S.; Giambanco, Vincent // Geriatrics;May2001, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p58
Suggests ways on how to achieve smoking cessation among the elderly. Counseling; Pharmacologic interventions; Treatment for smoking relapse.
- Free stop smoking class. // Erie Gay News;Sep2009, p4
The article reports on a free stop smoking class being offered by the Northwest Pennsylvania Tobacco Program in Erie in 2009. Tools and information necessary to control the addiction and habits of tobacco use will be given to participants in the six-week program. Those who are interested in...
- RISING FROM THE ASHES. Kelly Garrett, Dan // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2003, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p152
Discusses quitting smoking for women. Insights on the cause of addiction to cigarettes; Physiological effects of smoking; Difficulty of quitting from smoking; Link between tobacco withdrawal and the menstrual cycle; Influence of nicotine on women's smoking habits; Effectiveness of the inhaler...
- PROFILE OF SUCCESS. Morris, Nancy // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2003, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p154
Reports on how Nancy Morris of Etters, Pennsylvania was able to quit smoking. Failed quit attempts; Reasons for smoking; Participation in the American Lung Association's Freedom From Smoking program.
- PROFILE OF SUCCESS. Milchak, Cathy // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2003, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p156
Reports on how Cathy Milchak of Grant Pass, Oregon was able to quit smoking. Reasons behind decision to quit smoking; Strategy used.
- PROFILE OF SUCCESS. Baymiller, Teola // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2003, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p159
Reports on how Teola Baymiller of Beresford, South Dakota was able to quit smoking. Reason for quitting; Participation in the American Cancer Society's Quitline program.
- Trends in prevalence of current smoking, Massachusetts and states without tobacco control programmes, 1990 to 1999. Weintraub, J. M.; Hamilton, W. L. // Tobacco Control;Jun2002 Supplement 2, Vol. 11, p8
Objective; To assess the effect of a comprehensive tobacco control programme initiated in Massachusetts in 1993, and to compare the 1990 to 1999 trend in smoking prevalence to that in 41 states without tobacco control programmes, controlling for demographic shifts over time. Design: Data from...
- What the Research Says ... In One Line. // Journal of Smoking Cessation;Apr2008, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p66
The article cites several studies related to smoking cessation. A study published in the "International Journal of Clinical Practice" found night smoking can be used as a symptom of tobacco dependence. A study published in the journal "Nicotine & Tobacco Research" examined a computer-based...