Serving the Sophisticated Student
- Infused With American Fare: Authentic Japanese cuisine. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p24
Reports that CulinArt will offer Japanese menu items at the Keio Academy in Purchase, New York. Background of CulinArt; Terms of the agreement.
- Sushi's Star Power. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p38
The article considers how popular sushi has become in the U.S. foodservice industry. A Kikkoman study conducted in January 2005 revealed that less than one-quarter of the U.S. adults had eaten sushi. But in 2006, there are about 9,000 sushi bars across the country. Foodservice operators indicate...
- The Authentic Way. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p46
The article features the ethnic dishes being offered at Saint Joseph's College of Maine in Standish. Bon Appetit general manager Stuart Leekie explained that their dishes are prepared in connection with some cultural and social events. The facility served Japanese cuisine during an Evening in...
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY: Lunch check $6 in law school cafe. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports that the Tea Room in the former Bullock's Wilshire department store in Los Angeles, California is now the cafeteria for the Southwestern University School of Law. Some of the items offered at the cafeteria; Issues considered in operating the cafeteria; Reward for ten visits to the...
- FLEXIBILITY, TAKE-OUT KEY: CORNELL BOOSTS MEAL PLAN MKTG., OPTIONS. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the meal plans of the Cornell University in Ithaca, New York state. Why the university decided to hire a consultant in its food service operation; Students who participated in the research stage; Cost of the plans.
- IT'S IN THE DRINK. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the trends in food service at various colleges and universities in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Food category with the largest portion of sales.