Sushi's Star Power
- The Authentic Way. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p46
The article features the ethnic dishes being offered at Saint Joseph's College of Maine in Standish. Bon Appetit general manager Stuart Leekie explained that their dishes are prepared in connection with some cultural and social events. The facility served Japanese cuisine during an Evening in...
- NOTES FROM THE FOOD FRONT. Vail, Kathleen // American School Board Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 192 Issue 1, p9
Narrates experience about parents' concern over the eating habits of their school children. Actions taken by the parents of Kennedy to monitor his eating habits; Kennedy's favorite cafeteria food; Advantage of having Kennedy attend a school district that prioritized healthy meals.
- Neofobia alimentaria: impacto sobre los hÃ¡bitos alimentarios y aceptaciÃ³n de alimentos saludables en usuarios de comedores escolares. Rodríguez-Tadeo, Alejandra; Villena, BegoñaPatiño; Urquidez-Romero, Rene; Vidaña-Gaytán, María Elena; Periago Caston, María Jesús; Berruezo, Gaspar Ros; Martínez-Lacuesta, Eduardo González // Nutricion Hospitalaria;ene2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p260
Introduction: In children, food neophobia may affect food choices and limit the variety of the diet as well as affect the sensory acceptance of new foods. Objective: To identify the impact of food neophobia in food habits and preferences of healthy food in school canteens users in the city of...
- Serving the Sophisticated Student. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p41
The article discusses the efforts made by Rich Uhl, director of dining services at Keio Academy in Purchase, New York and his staff to serve the school's students. Since Japanese tends to travel more than the U.S. people, Uhl knows that whatever he serves must be authentic because they will know...
- AVERAGE 125 DAILY: Students sample sushi in CA H.S. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Reports that the Las Virgenes School District in Calabasas, California is testing a pre-packaged sushi luncheon at the Calabasas High School. Reaction of the students; Features of the package.
- Campus Wellness & Fitness. Chylinski, Manya // Careers & Colleges;Spring2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p12
This article provides guidelines to college students for considering their wellness and fitness in the U.S. According to the article, most schools have a variety of food options in the dining halls, including vegetarian, vegan, foods for students with allergies and special dietary needs, and...
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.