Setting the tone for a new retirement age
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
Presents news briefs on hospital food service in the U.S. as of July 15, 2005. Increase in meals being served to patients and residents at long-term care facilities according to a research conducted by the "FoodService Director" periodical; Sales generated by Wahoo West Cafe at the University...
- LTC Raises The Bar On Meal Service. // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p74
This article presents the results of an annual survey of food operators in long-term care (LTC) facilities in the U.S. The survey shows that LTC facilities are putting a higher premium on food. There has been a 15.6 percent increase in the amount of money being spent on food. The number of...
- Examining the Relationship Between Workplace Support and Life Satisfaction: The Mediating Role of Job Satisfaction. Newman, Alexander; Nielsen, Ingrid; Smyth, Russell; Hooke, Angus // Social Indicators Research;Feb2015, Vol. 120 Issue 3, p769
This paper examines the influence of perceived organizational support and perceived supervisor support on employee life satisfaction. Structural equation modelling on data from 393 nurses from two Chinese hospitals revealed that job satisfaction fully mediated the relationship between perceived...
- It's not your father's retirement home. King, Paul // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p30
The article considers the changes that has happened to the foodservice programs of the retirement communities in the U.S. The curbside service of Cura Hospitality for Homestead Village in Lancaster, Pennsylvania allows residents to call and place their orders. Bill Miller of Cura believes that...
- Infection Control Across the Board. Barrs, Amy Walker; Fahey, Pam // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov2000, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p38
Deals with the potential health threats posed by bacterial and viral infections on elderly adults in long-term care facilities in the United States. Estimate on the annual number of nosocomial infections occurring in long-term care residents; List of facility services wherein opportunities to...
- Long-term care braces for growth. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the improvement in food service at long-term care facilities in the U.S. according to the Long-term Care Industry Census Report released by the "FoodService Director" magazine. Quality of foods being served to ensure seniors' health; Efforts of food service operators in providing...
- HOW NURSING HOME F/S IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p51
Provides information on the performance report of food services at long-term care facilities in the U.S. in 2001. Percentage of increase in annual food purchases; Average meals-served-per-chain during the year; Total beds of the facilities; Average daily allocation during the year.
- Anthony's Pier 4 partners to feed nursing home patients. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p108
Reports on the partnership between food service operator Anthony's Pier 4 of Boston, Massachusetts, and Aurum Network, an operator of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Terms of the deal.
- Nursing home converts lounge. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the opening of the Big Bear Cafe at the Suffield House, a long-term care facility in Suffield, Connecticut. Facility's use of a ticket system in lieu of cash; Patio-style tables with glass tops; Vending machine for sodas and breakfast items.