- Promotional Power. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p50
The article offers information on how Tim Bauman, director of food and nutrition services at Wood County Hospital in Bowling Green, Ohio uses seasonal events as a powerful tool for bringing in customers and building satisfaction. In the summer, he likes to do picnics with fancy cakes and gingham...
- Catching a break. // Restaurant Business;Nov2010, Vol. 109 Issue 11, pFSB2
The article discusses the marketing strategies of several restaurants to minimize food cost in seafood menus in the U.S. It states that restaurants are serving with seafood as appetizers, sandwiches, and salads to address the increasing rate of food cost while consistently catering the demands...
- The Catering Connection. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p20
The article assesses how non-commercial food service operations in the U.S. increased their catering sales in 2005. According to Kristin Berry of Marketplace CafÃ© at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York, she employed the try-before-you-buy concept to sell to customers the viability of...
- Personal View. Dawood, Richard M. // British Medical Journal;2/23/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6213, p558
Comments on food service of hospitals in Great Britain. Difficulty of eating post-operative foods; Expectation of doctors for healthy foods in hospitals; Criticism of an Hungarian gourmet of the catering services of hospitals.
- Ohio rural hospital steps-up catering. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on Mount Vernon, Ohio-based Knox Community Hospital's use of outside catering to develop its foodservice operations and serve the surrounding community. Menu selection; Adding new food options to build sales.
- On the way to recovery. Mutch, Forbes // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/1/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4270, p5
Focuses on the Better Hospital Food program of the British government as of May 2003. Significance of hospital catering; Factors that will contribute to the success of the Better Hospital Food program.
- WELCOME TO INSIDE HEALTH. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/14/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4370, p49
Introduces a series of articles about hospital catering in Great Britain, including a look at the language used on hospital menus.
- Long wait for new hospital catering plan to gel. Beaglehole, Liz // New Zealand Doctor;4/24/2013, p2
The article reports on the downsizing of hospital kitchens in New Zealand as part of a new national food services system.
- Building on `freshness'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p90
Focuses on in-house catering operations in several hospitals in the United States. University of Miami School of Medicine/Baskin Palmer Eye Institute's gross revenues from its catering business; Hamot Medical Center's focus on internal breakfasts, lunches and dinners; Total catering income at...