The Catering Connection
- Marketing Matters. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p26
The article examines approaches used by business operators in non-commercial catering to market their services. Many operators simply adopt an approach that is similar to how they run other operations--do the best job possible and give customers what they want. The approach helped dining...
- Personal View. Dawood, Richard M. // British Medical Journal;2/23/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6213, p558
Comments on food service of hospitals in Great Britain. Difficulty of eating post-operative foods; Expectation of doctors for healthy foods in hospitals; Criticism of an Hungarian gourmet of the catering services of hospitals.
- Ohio rural hospital steps-up catering. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on Mount Vernon, Ohio-based Knox Community Hospital's use of outside catering to develop its foodservice operations and serve the surrounding community. Menu selection; Adding new food options to build sales.
- On the way to recovery. Mutch, Forbes // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/1/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4270, p5
Focuses on the Better Hospital Food program of the British government as of May 2003. Significance of hospital catering; Factors that will contribute to the success of the Better Hospital Food program.
- WELCOME TO INSIDE HEALTH. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/14/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4370, p49
Introduces a series of articles about hospital catering in Great Britain, including a look at the language used on hospital menus.
- Long wait for new hospital catering plan to gel. Beaglehole, Liz // New Zealand Doctor;4/24/2013, p2
The article reports on the downsizing of hospital kitchens in New Zealand as part of a new national food services system.
- Building on `freshness'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p90
Focuses on in-house catering operations in several hospitals in the United States. University of Miami School of Medicine/Baskin Palmer Eye Institute's gross revenues from its catering business; Hamot Medical Center's focus on internal breakfasts, lunches and dinners; Total catering income at...
- Promotional Power. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p50
The article offers information on how Tim Bauman, director of food and nutrition services at Wood County Hospital in Bowling Green, Ohio uses seasonal events as a powerful tool for bringing in customers and building satisfaction. In the summer, he likes to do picnics with fancy cakes and gingham...
- Service must match food improvements. Mutch, Forbes // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/1/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4270, p14
Reports on the remarks given by Simon Allison, head of clinical at the Queens Medical Center in Nottingham, on the improvement of hospital food service in Great Britain through the Better Hospital Food program of the government. Importance of food in the overall treatment of patients;...