- Survival of the fittest is the message at ASHFSA conference. Lipowski, Melissa // Food Management;Sep98, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the 1998 annual American Society of Healthcare Foodservice Administrators (ASHFSA) conference in Orlando, Florida. Remarks from Glenn Davenport, president and chief executive officer of Morrison Healthcare, Inc.; Suggestions for operating better, faster and cheaper foodservice...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/21/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p40
The article offers news briefs related to food industry in the U.S. HMSHost Corp. has won a contract to redevelop travel plazas along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Delaware North Cos. Inc. has gained a contract to expand foodservice operations at Nashville International Airport. The Retail Brand...
- Over-hyped, over-priced and over here ... it's the GI blues. Chomka, Stefan // Food Manufacture;Mar2005, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p9
This article reports that sales of products labelled with their glycemic index (GI) may not grow as expected due to the high cost and length of time needed to assess them. Mary Young, marketing manager at food company Retail Brands said that consumers were not ready for GI labelling. Erik...
- Spin doctoring. Isaak, Sharon; Meers, Erik // Entertainment Weekly;6/18/93, Issue 175, p7
Reports on celebrities as recipients of honorary doctorates. Debbie Allen; Raymond Burr; Natalie Cole; Katie Couric; Billy Joel; Jerry Lewis; Colleges' rationale for bestowing the degrees; Howard University at Washington, D.C.; University of Colorado at Denver; University of Massachusetts at...
- Miss Piggy was a smarter choice. Leo, John // U.S. News & World Report;6/03/96, Vol. 120 Issue 22, p22
Opinion. Considers how Kermit the Frog won an honorary degree from Southampton College. Anger of some students over the publicity stunt; Honorary degrees given to Bruce Willis and Yogi Berra at Montclair State; Efforts of colleges to close the gap between education and entertainment by...
- These glittering prizes are tarnished. Taylor, Alan; Moffat, Alistair // New Statesman;06/12/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4490, p32
Criticizes British universities for exchanging honorary degrees for money. Reason behind the devalued honorary degrees; Correlation between sponsors of university events and those who received honorary degrees.
- Purdue honors four local professionals. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/16/97, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p38
Features four Indianapolis, Indiana professionals who received their honorary doctoral degrees during spring commencement exercises of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. Bindley Western Industries Inc. head William Bindley; `Indianapolis Register' owner and publisher Lorene Burkhart;...
- Class of '96. Seligmann, Jean; Hall, Carol // Newsweek;6/3/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 23, p81
Shows what Yasir Arafat and Bill Cosby wore when they accepted honorary degrees at graduation ceremonies in 1996. Arafat's being honored for his peace efforts by Patras University in Greece; Bill Cosby's appearance at Boston College in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Aramark Corp. is building bridges between P.R. businesses. Figueroa, Hector Berrios // Caribbean Business;6/1/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 21, pS7
Focuses on Aramark Corp., a supplier of high-quality economical meals and snacks in Puerto Rico. Alliances with several Puerto Rican entrepreneurs to include their products in the firm's vending machines; Financial assistance extended by the firm to students of the Colegio Universitario del Este.