Face facts: Branded salads sell
- TONY ALMEIDA, ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL: In Touch at RWJ. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p28
Features Tony Almeida, director of the nutrition department at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Educational and career background of the director; Challenges faced as food service director in healthcare; Efforts done to improve hospital foodservice.
- Heart-healthy appeal. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p78
Reports on the salads offered at hospital food service. Control of salad dressing on the patient menu; Popularity of chicken Ceasar salad; Hospitals that offered sizzling salads.
- In Search of 'Satisfaction.'. // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p12
The article deals with the techniques that have been successful in improving patient satisfaction regarding health care food service, according to food service operators in the U.S. The significance of the patient preference list to the patient satisfaction initiative of Southern Ohio Medical...
- At Your Service! Lawn, John // Food Management;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p0
Focuses on food service management at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Food service innovations achieved by the department under food service director Tony Almeida; Patient meal programs; Almeida's food service background; Use of technology in patient feeding.
- Jersey Boy. King, Paul // FoodService Director;4/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p24
The article features Tony Almeida, director of Food & Nutrition/Environmental/Host Services at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. A native of Elizabeth, New Jersey, he started his foodservice career as a pot washer then pursued a course in foodservice with...
- Tuna's still king. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p124
Discusses the popularity of tuna entree salad in hospital food services. Preparation of tuna salads with celery, onions and green pepper at the Gouverneur Hospital in New York City; Use of a marinated vegetables; Inclusion of cold salads at least once a week.
- FOLLOWING UPGRADE IN PASADENA: DAILY HOSPITAL SALES UP $500. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the increase in daily sales at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, California, following an upgrade to the employee cafeteria. Menu offered at the hospital's The Bistro Garden; Selection of salad dressings to appeal to customers; Promotion of each cafeteria upgrade.
- Eskenazi Hospital Embraces Change, Tradition. King, Paul // FoodService Director;4/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p22
Several photographs are presented depicting the designs of the foodservice concepts of the Marketplace, a multi-unit servery at Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana including the Italian station, salad bar and grab-and-go area.
- Serve a pretty salad. Kate# Nicholson // Southern Living;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p90
Highlights various layered salad presentations. Layered Fruit Congealed Salad; Layered Southwest Cornbread-and-Turkey Salad; Layered Green Bean-Red Potato Salad.