School pizza dough rises 25%
- Toppings make the grade. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p114
Features food service operators who regularly includes pizza in school menus in the United States. Pizza as a part of the New Menus Program in Rutland, Vermont-based public schools; Pizza served by Domino's Pizza Inc. at the Unified School District in Palm Springs, California.
- Today's No. 1 meal choice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p114
Deals with the Italian pizza dishes offered by school foodservice operators in the United States. Pizza specialties served at the Salisbury Boys School in Salisbury, Connecticut; Explanations from foodservice directors; Pizza dishes offered at Unified Schools in Prescott, Arizona.
- Pizza Hut licenses California school commissary. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p2
Reports that Pizza Hut has licensed a district commissary in Norco, California to turn out the chain's branded pizzas for school foodservice. Labor-saving products supplied by Pizza Hut; Popularity of Pizza Hut's branded pizzas among students.
- IN SCHOOLS: Fitting school menus. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p72
Reports on the popularity of pizza among the students in the United States. Promotional efforts for pizza; Preference of students for pizza slices; Background on the ingredients; Reason for the popularity of pizza.
- Brands by the slice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p116
Reports on the success of pizza brands in schools in the United States. Kinds of pizzas; Price per slice; Recipe for Hawaiian Pizza.
- Kids' mainstream favorites. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p82
Provides information on the Italian food, including pizza, served in schools across the United States. Cuisine favorites among youngsters; Examples of pasta dishes, pizzas and other Italian food served in schools; Delivery of branded pizza in schools; Recipe of Spaghetti and Meat Sauce.
- SECONDARY PARTICIPATION SPIKES: Promos boost Houston sales. // FoodService Director;1/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the increase in sales in food service of the Houston Independent School District after promoting monotony-breaking menu items in Houston, Texas. Average daily meals in secondary schools; Items included in the menu; Details of the promotion of the school's menu; Result of the promotion.
- Vanderbilt ups check average. // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on the sales of the Cohen Varsity Market convenience store and Cohen Chefs Table at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee as of February 2006. The sales of the temporary facility are close to those of the one it replaced while the university constructs a new dining...
- DEBATE OF THE WEEK. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;3/19/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 19, p7
The article discusses whether bake sales should be banned in schools or not.