Florida HFC, Collier County Schools in the Market Today
- Atlanta to Issue $37M of GOs; S&P Drops Outlook to Stable. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32804, p5
The article reports that Atlanta, Georgia will issue $36.8 million of general obligation bonds. The deal is being insured by Financial Security Assurance Inc. It will be sold through negotiation with Jackson Securities as the book-runner. Meanwhile, Standard & Poor's Corp. has dropped the...
- Financial Security Assurance expands, especially in the West. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p33
Reports on the performance of Financial Security Assurance Inc. as of October 24, 1997. Increase on its national market share; Attribution of its success to a fully staffed office in San Francisco, California; Benefits of its acquisition of Capital Guaranty Insurance Co.
- FSA rises in the bond insurers ranks. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p38
Reports on the rise in Financial Security Assurance's market position for the first half of 1998. Result of a reshuffle among bond insurers.
- S&P Gives High Underlying Rating To $179M of Military Housing Debt. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32561, p5
The article focuses the issue on the taxable $178.9 million Department of Defense military housing certificates of participation transaction in Washington, D.C. The Standard & Poor's Corp. designated strong underlying ratings for this deal. It was sold to finance the construction or renovation...
- Detroit Subpoenas Siebert, Attorneys on 2005 COPs Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that Detroit, Michigan will subpoena Siebert Brandford Shank & Co. LLC bank and public finance attorneys to get documents related to The sale of 1.4 billion dollars of certificates of participation (COP) in 2005. Topics include the information seeked by the city from attorney...
- Defaulted 1992 COPs for California Migrant Workers May Yet Bear Fruit. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p4
Reports that investors of defaulted certificates of participation in 1992 to finance a facility for migrant workers in Arvin, California may recoup some amount of their investments. Company in negotiations for purchasing the facility; Reasons for the failure of the investment project;...
- Tobacco District COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports that Durham, North Carolina will sell multi-million dollars worth of certificates of participation.
- Nebraska Readies $29 Million of COPs and Short-Term Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p3
Reports on deals set by Nebraska state to sell certificates of participation (COP) worth multimillion dollars, in an effort to save money in light of budget shortfalls faced by the state. Finance upgrades to be made possible by the sale of COP; Bonds to be issued by the Nebraska State College...
- School COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p33
Reports on the plan made by the Palm Beach County School Board in Palm Beach County, Florida to sell certificates of participation to meet needs of its students. Manner in which the certificates will be sold; Insurance of the debt by Financial Security Assurance; Rating given to certificates by...