Tobacco Culture Tax Sought
- American Cancer Society poll shows voters favor cigarette tax hike. Allen, Curtis // Cancer News;Fall93, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p3
Present results of the American Cancer Society's survey on the $2 tax hike on cigarettes. Supportive states; Percentage of Americans who believe that the tobacco industry is concerned only with profits; Perceived effect of the tax hike on smoking rates.
- Poll shows New Jerseyans suspend anti-tax feelings when... // Insurance Advocate;10/18/97, Vol. 108 Issue 41, p16
Reports that higher tax be imposed on smokers, according the findings of public opinion poll by New Jersey Breathes. How people recognize the magnitude of problems caused by tobacco; Members of the New Jersey Breathes coalition; Effectiveness of various measures in reducing smoking; Way to keep...
- Web Poll. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/27/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 99, p4
The article presents the results and comments of several readers on a web poll concerning the Patriot Hills project in Saranac Lake, New York.
- Where's the Beef? // Business Mexico;Nov2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p14
Presents different public reactions concerning the signing of National Pact relating to positive domestic signal for growth in Mexico. Claims of private sector leaders and analysts on the move; Statement of executive Jeorge Espina on the need of investment in public projects; Views of analyst...
- Survey finds support for return of the cap. Day, Karen // Public Finance;3/7/2003, p14
Presents the result of public opinion poll on council tax increases in Great Britain. Need for efficient budgeting by the local government; Support to local tax increases; Distribution of central government grants.
- Milton Keynes heads for 15% rise. Mack, Tom // Public Finance;
Reports the efforts of the Milton Keynes Council to increase the council tax in Great Britain. Plan to conduct polls on the acceptance of bill increase; Desire to spend additional money for other public welfare services; Adoption of an approach for the establishment of council tax level;...
- Public opinion regarding earmarked cigarette tax in Taiwan. Yi-Wen Tsai; Lee-Lan Yen; Chung-Lin Yang; Pei-Fen Chen // BMC Public Health;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p42
Background: Cigarette taxation has been perceived by academics and policy-makers as one of the most effective ways of reducing the use of cigarettes. On January 1 2002, the Taiwan government imposed a New Taiwan (NT) $5 per pack tax earmarked for the purpose of tobacco control. This study uses a...
- Economic development. // New Mexico Business Journal;Aug93, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
Reports on economic developments in Rio Rancho and Anthony, New Mexico. Potential results of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA); Intel's investment in Sandoval County; Expansion of Anthony's sewage treatment plant through a $900,000 grant; Ross Perot's view against NAFTA; Anti- and...
- Comment Period on EIS Ends For Brooklyn Arena Project. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32473, p7
The article provides updates on the planned $4.2 billion Atlantic Yards development project in Brooklyn, New York. According to reports, the project advances to the next phase with the close of the public comment period on the draft environment impact statement. The Empire State Development...