Better Than Expected
- Collections Surge. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p31
Reports on the growth of the general fund revenue collections in Virginia due to strong income and sales tax collections for the fiscal year.
- General Fund Estimates for Delaware Grow as State Tax Collection Improves. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32135, p38
The article reports that a projected bump in personal income tax collections raised Delaware's general fund revenue estimates for fiscal years 2005 and 2006 for the third time this year. After upping its revenue projections twice since March 2005, the independent Delaware Economic and Financial...
- State tax revenues 'on target' for first quarter. Skriloff, Dylan // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p3
The article reports on the survey conducted by the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) about the robust tax revenues through the first quarter of 2007 in New York. According to the NCSL, about 23 states have given a forecast on the surplus of tax revenue while 22 states were...
- Brownback Cuts $72M to Fill Growing Budget Gap. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34298, p1
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback announced $72 million in spending cuts for the fiscal year beginning July 1 after new estimates projected a $400 million budget deficit.
- California November Revenue Misses Estimate. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;12/11/2014, Vol. 386 Issue 34225, p1
For the month of November, California's total revenues came in slightly below estimates, with lower-than-expected income and sales tax collections, according to the state controller.
- Illinois House Speaker Wants Business Tax Cut. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;2/1/2014, p19
The article reports on legislation introduced by Illinois House Speaker to reduce the state's corporate income tax on business profits in half as state lawmakers shift their focus from pension reform to taxes. The consequence of the legislation for the state in terms of tax collection and...
- PENNSYLVANIA: State Revs Come in Low. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/6/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33143, p9
The article reports on the collection of $25.5 billion of revenue in fiscal 2009 by Pennsylvania. It states that personal income tax collections declined by $1.3 billion or 11.2% from earlier estimates. Moreover, corporate tax revenue and sales tax revenue decreased by $614 million and $595...
- States' Big 4Q Decline. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;4/15/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33098, p1
The article reports on the decline in tax collections in Washington for the fourth quarter of 2008. It states that tax collections have been favorable for both state and local issuers, however, the effect of future bond issuance will depend on factors such as size of the city. It indicates that...
- KANSAS: Revenues Dip, Ax Surplus. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32795, p9
The article reports on the July to December 2007 tax collections in Kansas. In December, the state collected sales taxes of $538 million, which is $33.3 million less than expected. It also collected individual income tax of $222.4 million and corporate income tax of $57.5 million during the...