Unions Accept Concessions
- Detroit budget plan to come in midst of talks with union. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p21
The article reports that when Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick presents his proposed 2005-2006 budget on Wednesday to the Detroit City Council, union labor leaders likely will take a break from talks on major contract concessions to protest budget cuts. Some 3,000 city workers who belong to the...
- Mayor's got the right view. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p8
The article focuses on issues related to the standoff between Delphi Corp. and its labor unions. The media coverage of General Motors Corp.'s (GM) layoffs of engineers last week was surprising. Detroit, Michigan's Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick may have offered the most profound summation when he...
- MICHIGAN: Pessimistic Mayor. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Presents information about the Detroit, Michigan budget for the fiscal year 2003 provided by governor Kwame Kilpatrick. Estimated deficits of Detroit; Cost control measures adopted by the city.
- 2001 Newsmaker of the Year. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Reports the recognition of Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick as 2001 Newsmaker of the Year in Detroit, Michigan. Move of Kilpatrick in improving public safety; Priorities of Kilpatrick in the administration; Selection of a professional city manager.
- Kwame Kilpatrick: Mayor With Diamond Earring Changes Gears in Detroit. Chappell, Kevin // Ebony;Dec2002, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p60
Features Kwame Kilpatrick, mayor of Detroit, Michigan. His qualities; Style of leadership; Personal background; His accomplishments for the city.
- Kilpatrick focuses on new House role. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p3
Focuses on the political career of Kwame Kilpatrick, the Democrat state representative of Michigan. Family background; Dreams of becoming the mayor of Detroit, Michigan; Dedication to the his job as House minority leader; Views of political analysts on the promising political career of Kilpatrick.
- KEITH CRAIN: Will Detroit's soap opera ever end? // Crain's Detroit Business;8/11/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p8
The article presents the comments on the irresponsible behavior of mayor of Detroit, Michigan Kwame M. Kilpatrick. It is stated that Kilpatrick must understand just how devastating his actions are for the image of his city. It is opined that he must acknowledge to step down for the good of the...
- The best disinfectant. Vasquez, Vince // Liberty (08941408);Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p19
The article focuses on the resignation of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick from office.
- KEITH CRAIN: The honeymoon is over for Kilpatrick. CRAIN, KEITH // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p8
Reports on learning experiences of mayor of Detroit, Michigan Kwame Kilpatrick. Kilpatrick's views regarding economic position of the city; Job priorities and responsibilities of the mayor.