Baltimore to Study Feasibility Of Forming Muni Power Utility
- Nuclear marches forth. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p17
Reveals the plans of Baltimore Gas & Electric Company's Calvert Cliffs nuclear power plant to renew its operating license. Power generation capacity of the facility; Amount of taxes paid by the plant in 1997; Details on the plans of the utility.
- Poole & Kent, BG&E team up on district plants. // Contractor Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1
Reports that the United States' third largest mechanical contractor Poole & Kent and Baltimore Gas & Electrical have joined efforts to construct and operate district cooling and heating plants in Baltimore, Maryland. Comments from Greg Fox, director of marketing and sales for Comfort Link;...
- New Application Performs Volt/VAR Control Monitoring. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;7/25/2012, p10
The article reports on the partnership between monitoring company GridSense and the Baltimore Gas and Electric to use volt/VAR control using feeder capacitor banks instead of load tap changers (LTCs) and voltage regulators (VRs) on the electrical distribution system.
- Study expected to champion P.R.-USVI power cable project. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;5/12/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p30
The article reports that a feasibility study on a proposed submarine power connection between Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands will show the project is important opportunities for both territories. The study is being undertaken by Inter American Energy Sources, a Puerto Rico Electric...
- Rome assesses power link-up. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/19/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 42, p18
The article deals with the feasibility study conducted by Centro Elettrotecnico Sperimentale Italiano (CESI) for a potential electricity connection linking Libya and Sicily. The most recent study puts forward several alternatives for the construction of the 500-kilometre-long link between Abu...
- Utilities Set Record Straight on Shutoffs. // American Gas;Nov2001, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p9
Reports the effect of residential utility shutoffs by the Baltimore Gas and Electric Corporation (BG&E) on customer in Maryland. Evaluation on the financial performance of the company; Impact of shutoffs on customers; Percentage rate of utilities based on the survey conducted by the American...
- Powerful settlement. // Electric Light & Power;Jan2000, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p25
Reports that Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. and its parent holding company, Constellation Energy Group, has gained the Maryland Public Service Commission's approval of the utility's deregulation settlement.
- An Integrated Approach to Emerging Technologies. Deiuliis, Kristie // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p57
The article looks at the opportunities and challenges for the utility industry as a result of significant developments in the sector. It features Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. (BGE), highlighting the strategies mapped out by the company to manage the impact of rapidly evolving trends and...
- Few consumers want choice. // Electrical World;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p10
Reports the effect of shopping credits on electrical utility in the United States. Impact of plan restructuring on shopping credits and market status; Reflection of generation cost in shopping credit; Influence of statewide shopping credit offers in success level variation; Court declaration of...