Nevada Water Agency Sets $400M to Meet Needs of Growing Clark County
- New $80 million lake mead water intake system opens. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;01/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the Southern Nevada Water Authority's completion of a water intake system in Lake Mead. System's expansion of the authority's delivery system; Quarter-cent sales tax and home builder connection fees as sources of funds for the project; Description of the system.
- Water authority debuts 14-mile East Valley Lateral. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;05/22/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the completion of the Southern Nevada Water Authority's East Valley Lateral water delivery system. Other planned capital improvement projects; Water service to be provided to the northeast section of Las Vegas Valley; Pumping stations in the system; Water storage capacity of the...
- Nev. Water Agency in Electric Play. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p1
Reports the plan of Southern Nevada Water Authority to acquire the Nevada Power Co., a subsidiary of Sierra Pacific in San Francisco, California. Source of funding for the acquisition; Expectations on the value of the company; Significance of the acquisition for Sierra Pacific.
- SNWA seeks approval for $380 million in bonds. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;11/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p14
Focuses efforts of the Southern Nevada Water Authority to acquire funds for the Capital Improvements Program. Development of regional water system; Construction of delivery and treatment facilities; Increase of the intake capacity at the Alfred Merritt Smith Water Treatment Facility.
- Planning for the Long Haul. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p1
Reports on Southern Nevada Water Authority's (SNWA) plan to issue bonds to guarantee the supply of water in Las Vegas, Nevada. Authority's signing of a contract with the Colorado River Commission and the Arizona Groundwater Banking Authority that will allow Nevada to store its unused portion of...
- More People, Less Water. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p1
Reports that the Southern Nevada Water Authority has projected the occurrence of the worst drought. Failure of the Authority to predict the duration of the drought; Proposal of the Authority for the development of in-state resources to prevent water shortage in the state.
- Water agency caught in a power battle. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;04/23/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p1
Reports on measures proposed by the Southern Nevada Water Authority to aid private energy producers during the 2001 electricity crisis in western United States. Energy bill increased projected by the authority; Description of the relationship of the publicly controlled office with provate...
- Water protection must not be lost in crisis. Mulroy, Pat // Las Vegas Business Press;04/23/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p15
Comments on the need to protect water utilities against the anticipated impact of the 2001 energy crisis in Las Vegas, Nevada. Support extended by the Southern Nevada Water Authority and its member-entities in finding solutions to the energy crisis; Power requirements of the water authority's...
- Watering Las Vegas: Agency Planning $750 Million Pipeline. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;9/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32473, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Southern Nevada Water Authority company to build a $750 million, bond finance pipeline. The project is developed to keep up with the rapid population growth in the greater Las Vegas area. The new pipeline will run from Lake Mead to the River Mountains Water...