Kansas City, Mo., Readies $115M for Entertainment District
- Merrill Lynch Posts Big 4Q Loss â€¦. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/21/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the loss of net earnings per share of financial company Merrill Lynch & Co. in the U.S. for the fourth quarter of 2006. Most of the drop in earnings are tied to the losses relating to problems in subprime market and collaterized debt obligations. The company's fixed...
- Cat Fund Eyes 4 Firms For VR Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p1
The article reports that Hurricane Catastrophe Fund officials in Florida are planning to recommend four firms including Goldman Sachs & Co., and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. to implement a variable-rate debt transaction. After implementation, insurance companies will be eligible for reimbursement of...
- Merrill: Some Airline Bonds Enjoying a Performance Boost. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/20/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32470, p7
The article reports on the positive ratings of some airline-related municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. in September 2006, in reference to the data of financial service company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. The report by Merrill cited bonds sold on behalf of American Airlines Inc. and...
- BMI BOND SENTIMENT INDEX - MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/27/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p3
Presents a tabular representation of the bond ratings given by several investment banks for the Middle East & Africa in June 2005. Credit Suisse First Boston; Deutsche Bank; Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein; Merrill Lynch; Morgan Stanley.
- BMI BOND SENTIMENT INDEX - ASIA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/27/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p3
Presents a tabular representation of the bond ratings given by several financial services firms for Asia in June 2005. Credit Suisse First Boston; Deutsche Bank; Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein; Merrill Lynch; Morgan Stanley.
- Turmoil Tweaks Rankings. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;4/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32848, p1
The article reports on the ratings of municipal bond underwriters in the first quarter of 2008 in the U.S. Citigroup Inc. ranks first with 89 deals amounting to $13.5 billion, followed by Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. with 44 deals worth $8.4 billion, and UBS Securities LLC with 89 deals worth...
- Fitch Upgrades Michigan's Trinity Health Group. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32491, p38
The article reports on the upgrade of the outstanding debt rating for Michigan-based Trinity Health Credit Group to AA rating from AA-minus by Fitch Ratings Inc. on October 19, 2006. The outstanding debt of the hospital system is $2 billion, which is planning to bring $128.5 million bonds to...
- TOTAL RETURNS. // High Yield Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p11
Lists high yield bond investments with the highest returns. Merrill Lynch high yield; 10-year and 30-year Treasury; Euro high yield.
- Troubled Toll Roads Going Private May Be Good Route for Investors. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/10/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32193, p7
Reports on the potential investment opportunities provided by the growing interest in privatizing cash-strapped toll roads, according to Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Interest of public toll road authorities in privatization as their estimates for traffic and revenue continue to fall short; Benefits...