Sinking Feeling for Funds
- Investors Flee from Bond Funds in August. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Advisor News;2013, p32
The article reports on the withdrawal by mutual fund investors of $11.8 billion from municipal-bond funds and $15.5 billion worth of taxable-bond funds in August 2013, according to investment research firm Morningstar Inc. Data also show the increase in interest rates during summer, with the 3%...
- Arkansas Teachers Shuffle Management, Pace Alts Buckets. // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;12/3/2013, p1
The article reports that modification to the current fixed-income and global equity manager lineup was approved by the Board of Trustees of the Arkansas Teacher Retirement System (ATRS). Contracts with Western Asset Management's Core Full Discretion Account and the 322 million U.S. dollars...
- Big money in closed-end munis. Revell, Janice // Fortune;3/22/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p140
Recommends closed-end municipal bond funds for fixed-income investors looking for high yields. Details of average returns of municipal bond funds; Explanation of how the funds differ from regular mutual funds; Recommendation of the Nuveen Municipal Advantage fund; Warning that a rise in interest...
- The Yield Hunter's Quest. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p1
Reports on the market performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. Total net inflows of high-yield municipal bond mutual funds; Reduction of current interest rate climate; Scarcity of low credit quality bonds in the primary market.
- Munis: Skip The Middleman? Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Jun99, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p101
Talks about investments in municipal bond funds. Advantages and disadvantages of buying municipal bonds through funds; Qualities of bond funds, according to Eric Jacobson, associate editor of `Morningstar Mutual Funds'; Remarks from Jacobson on the types of municipal bonds that can be bought...
- Outflows Return During Tax Season After Big First Quarter. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;05/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31130, p22
Reports on developments concerning municipal bond funds in the United States as of May 2, 2001. Municipal bond mutual bond flows as of March; Performance of equity funds during March; Fidelity Investments' introduction of the Spartan Tax-Free Bond Fund.
- Stock, bond funds sink. // Money;Nov94, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p46
Reports on the drop in yields of equity and bond funds in September 1994. Statistics on returns and cash flow.
- Intermediate Bonds Provide Cover in 1Q. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p6
Reports on the decline in municipal bond funds in the first quarter of 2002. Increase in short-term interest rates; Projections of votality in the interest rates; Outlook of bond funds from various companies.
- Munificence. Wang, Penelope // Money;Nov2002, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p48
Mentions the popularity of government and investment-grade bond funds. Advice for investors to consider their tax brackets; Significance of the value of municipal bonds; Speculation that municipal prices will fall as a result of rising interest rates.