The Brothers FAINARU
- Muckreads Podcast: The NFL's Concussion Crisis. Allen, Marshall // Pro Publica;10/11/2013, p3
The article reports that television network ESPN reporters Steve Fainaru and Mark Fainaru-Wada faced challenges after investigating the National Football League's (NFL) denial of the brain injuries suffered by its players. The NFL pressured ESPN to soften its reports. The reporting by the...
- League of denial: the NFL, concussions and the battle for the truth. Dabscheck, Braham // Labour & Industry;Jun2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p161
No abstract available.
- League of Denial: The NFL, Concussions and the Battle for Truth. // Publishers Weekly;11/25/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 48, p52
The article reviews the audiobook "League of Denial: The NFL, Concussions and the Battle for Truth," by Mark Fainaru-Wada and Steve Fainaru and read by David H. Lawrence.
- CHAPTER NEWS. // Quill;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p7
The article presents 2008 news briefs regarding chapters of the Society for Professional Journalists (SPJ). The South Florida chapter hosted a talk by investigative reporters Lance Williams and Mark Fainaru-Wada of the San Francisco Chronicle on May 31. The Indiana Pro chapter held a Battle of...
- Opening Shot. // Columbia Journalism Review;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses journalism on football injuries and the National Football League, including the "Frontline" television documentary "League of Denial" and the book of the same name by Mark Fainaru-Wada and Steve Fainaru, with a photograph of football player Robert Griffin III being tackled.
- LETTER FROM THE PUBLISHER. Howlett, Philip G. // Sports Illustrated;03/14/1983, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p4
The article features sportswriter Calvin Fussman of "Sports Illustrated." Fussman is known for his commitment, which he demonstrated as a writer and reporter with "The Miami Herald" as chief of its Palm Beach bureau, and "Saint Louis Post-Dispatch," and contributing editor of "Inside Sports." A...
- Innate ability. Connor, Richard // Fort Worth Business Press;10/24/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p78
Focuses on sports writers and writing about sports. Comparison of writing an obituary with writing about sports; Challenges of writing an article about sports; Information on the sportswriters of the "Fort Worth Press" journal.
- Hanging Tough. Silver, Michael // Sports Illustrated;10/2/2006, Vol. 105 Issue 13, p23
The article reports on the public support for "San Francisco Chronicle" sportswriters Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, who are both facing jail time for defying a subpoena that ordered them to reveal their sources for their book "Game of Shadows." The two men, whose investigative reporting...
- Giving Up The Life. Reilly, Rick // Sports Illustrated;12/3/2007, Vol. 107 Issue 22, p72
The author reports that he has resigned as a columnist at the magazine "Sports Illustrated." The author discusses various experiences which he has had while working at the magazine, such as hearing professional football player John Elway hollering in the shower. The author mentions various...