90 Degrees South Latitude
- Backcountry skiing. Conn, Bevin // Country Journal;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p56
Provides ten basic techniques to guide beginners of cross country skiing. Walking; Diagonal stride; Poling; Double poling. INSETS: Starting gear;Dressed for success.
- conjuring kiki. Rember, John // Skiing;Oct2001, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p90
Describes a personal account of the author's ski trip to the Apex Mountain, British Columbia. Route of the trip; Description of the skiers who are the author's friends in the area; Experience at Fernie.
- Glide! // Current Health 1;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p2
The article offers information on cross-country skiing.
- Joy Of Skating. Shelton, Peter // Ski;Dec2001, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p77
Presents an article on skate skiing with daughters at the Telluride Nordic Center in Colorado. Description of the place; Information on the classic cross-country skiing technique; Details of the skating performance of the older daughter.
- Cross country history. // U.S. Kids;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p7
Presents a few examples why Norwegian history of cross-country skiing. Significance of the rock carvings found in Norway; Number of prehistoric skis found in Norway; Uses of the skis written by historic author Snorre Sturlason.
- 1969 Sound Move. Fry, John // Ski;Dec2009, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p38
The article presents historical information related to cross-country skiing.
- Out of bounds. Johnson, Rebecca // Vogue;Dec98, Vol. 188 Issue 12, p202
Relates the author's experience of backcountry skiing in Aspen, Colorado. Geographical description of the region making it appropriate for such sports activity; Highlights of her backcountry skiing experience; Physical pleasure of such activity.
- Sloping off. Miller, Simon // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Sep2002, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p82
Presents an article on ski touring in Austria. Difference of ski touring from skiing in a resort; Description of huts in Austria; Benefits of a tour guide.
- A mountain high: Skiing cross-country. Franklin, Deborah; Motte, Paula // Health (Time Inc. Health);Nov/Dec97, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p130
Narrates the author's experience in cross-country skiing in the United States. Information on the places visited by the author; Latigo Ranch in Kremmling, Colorado; Cranwell Resort in Lenoc, Massachusetts; Giants Ridge Golf and Ski Resort in Biwabik, Minnesota.