Blessed Are the Hypomanic
- Fine-tuning Entrepreneurship Education: How do Programs Impact Entrepreneurial Characteristics in Students? Alcaraz-Rodríguez, Rafael; Villasana, Marcia; Alvarez, Mario Moises // Proceedings of the European Conference on Innovation & Entrepren;2014, p642
Entrepreneurship education is no longer about developing technical skills in business. It is also about strengthening a positive mindset in potential entrepreneurs and contributing to building an enterprise culture in the community. Universities are in a unique position to not only influence and...
- How to… become more entrepreneurial. Couzins, Martin; Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;7/26/2005, p33
This article suggests on how to become more entrepreneurial. Globalisation and increased competition, along with television shows such as Dragon's Den and The Apprentice, have placed new interest and emphasis on developing an enterprise culture within organisations. HR professionals have a major...
- Smart investments. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Indianapolis;Jul2010, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p4
The article discusses the significance of tough economy in developing business training and educational programs by entrepreneurs. It suggests that one of the demands people want to see with advanced training is more applicable skills and techniques. This will make sure of getting a return on...
- A sure-fire business: helping entrepreneurs succeed. Willax, Paul // New Hampshire Business Review;4/30/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16A
Presents question and answer on business planning. Establishment of an enterprise the serves the interest of the business owners; Elimination of the myriad of tasks involved in running the business enterprise; Consideration of the challenges in the contemporary entrepreneurial equation.
- Communicate your way to bigger bucks. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p42
Provides information on the skills required for graduates who aspire for corporate career. Focus on developing communication skills; Advantages of proactive attitude towards work; Qualities of a good communicator.
- Re-Engineering Engineering Education for the Challenges of the 21st Century. Tryggvason, Gretar; Apelian, Diran // JOM: The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TM;Oct2006, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses the changes in engineering education. The major trends in engineering education can be classified into the professional engineer of the 19th century and early 20th century, the scientific engineer of the late 20th century and the entrepreneurial engineer of the 21st...
- MATCHING AND TRANSITION TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP. BAZZAZIAN, NAVID // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2014, p1171
The article presents a study which examines the relationship between labor market matching and transition of paid employees to entrepreneurship. An entrepreneurship model based on balanced skills and matching is developed, which determines the quality of the match with the skills of the...
- prevocational evaluation. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1892
A definition of the medical phrase "prevocational evaluation," which refers to the assessment of abilities and behavioral traits which are needed in performing specific job skills, is presented.
- READY FOR ENTERPRISE. David, Ami; Stanwick, Stephanie // Nursing Standard;1/9/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p62
The article cites skills and competencies needed by nurses in the new world of social enterprise organizations in Great Britain. They include competence for care, business aptitudes, communications abilities, and leadership ability. It is noted that more thought is needed about thriving in a...