Energy Crisis Is America's Opportunity
- NUCLEAR ENERGY: WHAT KIND OF BARGAIN? Teller, Edward // Saturday Evening Post;Dec1975, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the option to use nuclear energy as power source. Background on an energy crisis in the U.S. in 1973; Advantages of using nuclear energy; Factors to consider in using nuclear energy, including the environmental effects of nuclear reactors.
- NUSTART: Laying the Foundation for New Nuclear Development in the U.S. Kray, Marilyn // Power Engineering;Aug2012, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p10
The article discusses the foundation of NuStart Energy Development, LLC and the need for nuclear power development in the U.S. NuStart Energy Development led and motivated the efforts for four new nuclear reactors in the U.S. The industry has four nuclear reactors under construction in South...
- Soviet nuclear energy without restraint Ratnieks, Henry // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct1979, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Pretoria looks again at nuclear. // African Business;Jan2011, Issue 371, p42
The article reports that nuclear power reactors are proposed in South Africa's new draft energy plan.
- Our Nuclear World. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);4/4/2011, Vol. 157 Issue 13/14, p19
The article presents data on nuclear reactors and nuclear power.
- VR for nuclear group. // Process Engineering;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p40
The article reports that Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Center (AMRC), which was recently set up in Sheffield to support the development of new generation reactors, has installed two virtual reality (VR) systems.
- Modular show of support. Broughton, Jack // Engineer (00137758);Jun2014, Vol. 296 Issue 7852, p14
A letter to the editor is presented concerning small modular reactors as a possibility for reducing energy costs and developing a saleable British technology.
- Nuclear Reactor Alternatives. Pockley, Peter // Australasian Science;Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the viable alternative for building a nuclear reactor in Australia. Cost of the construction; Justification given by politicians; Treaty between Australia and Argentina regarding nuclear agencies.
- Nukes, No More? // America;10/7/2013, Vol. 209 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the shutting down of the last operating nuclear reactor in Japan on September 16, 2013, making the country completely nuclear energy free.