Influences of Electromagnetic Articulography Sensors on Speech Produced by Healthy Adults and Individuals With Aphasia and Apraxia
- Speech timing in apraxia of speech versus conduction aphasia. Seddoh, Samuel A.K.; Robin, Donald A. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Jun96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p590
Examines the temporal parameters of speech in subjects with apraxia of speech, conduction aphasia and normal speech. Speech materials; Mean group duration; Voice onset time; Second format transition duration; Vowel steady state duration; Consonant-vowel duration; Token-to-token variability.
- Bite Block Vowel Production in Apraxia of Speech. Jacks, Adam // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p898
Purpose: This study explored vowel production and adaptation to articulatory constraints in adults with acquired apraxia of speech (AOS) plus aphasia. Method: Five adults with acquired AOS plus aphasia and 5 healthy control participants produced the vowels [I], [e], and [Îµ] in four...
- Melodic Intonation Therapy — terapia wspierajÄ…ca leczenie selektywnego mutyzmu — opis przypadku. Pastuszek-Lipińska, Barbara Elżbieta; Brzostek, Aleksandra; Kamińska-Kolarz, Barbara // Neuropsychiatry & Neuropsychology / Neuropsychiatria i Neuropsyc;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p77
Melodic Intonation Therapy (MIT) is going through a renaissance. The method is being tested in cases of post-stroke aphasia, apraxia and various speech disorders. The study examining the effectiveness of the method concerned a girl suffering from selective mutism (SM). The training caused a...
- Progressive Apraxia of Speech as a Sign of Motor Neuron Disease. Duffy, Joseph R.; Peach, Richard K.; Strand, Edythe A. // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;Aug2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p198
Purpose: To document and describe in detail the occurrence of apraxia of speech (AOS) in a group of individuals with a diagnosis of motor neuron disease (MND). Method: Seven individuals with MND and AOS were identified from among 80 patients with a variety of neurodegenerative diseases and AOS...
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E.; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Winter90, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p61
Presents an abstract of the study `Lip Movement in Apraxia of Speech,' by D.A. Roben, C. Bean and J.W. Folkins, published in the `Journal of Speech and Hearing Research' in 1989.
- Dual copy number variants involving 16p11 and 6q22 in a case of childhood apraxia of speech and pervasive developmental disorder. Newbury, Dianne F; Mari, Francesca; Sadighi Akha, Elham; MacDermot, Kay D; Canitano, Roberto; Monaco, Anthony P; Taylor, Jenny C; Renieri, Alessandra; Fisher, Simon E; Knight, Samantha J L // European Journal of Human Genetics;Apr2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p361
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) in two patients with 16p11.2 microdeletion syndrome" in the August 22, 2012 issue.
- Developmental apraxia of speech: I. Descriptive and theoretical perspectives. Shriberg, Lawrence D.; Aram, Dorothy M. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr1997, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p273
Part I. Reviews relevant descriptive and theoretical perspectives of the developmental apraxia of speech. Phonology; Language disorders in children; Diagnostic features; Perceptual-memorial processes; Transformational processes.
- Developmental apraxia of speech: II. Toward a diagnostic marker. Shriberg, Lawrence D.; Aram, Dorothy M. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr1997, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p286
Part II. Presents two studies which aimed to determine if a diagnostic marker for developmental apraxia of speech (DAS) can be identified in two samples of children with suspected DAS. Assessment of the level of support for alternative hypotheses about the nature and origin of DAS; Consistency...
- Comments regarding the investigation of developmental... Waldron, Claire M. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug1998, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p958
Comments on the article about the investigation of developmental apraxia of speech and the authors' goal of identifying either single or unitary diagnostic marker for Developmental Apraxia of Speech based on speech error profiles or a potential phenotype maker. Flaw in subject selection;...