- TISD Bond Projects. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);11/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the approved $2.6 million bond projects of the Tatum ISD Board of Trustees for the school year 2006-2007 in Texas. It has been stressed that the bonds will be sold and the projects completed in these years will create a good year scenario. Among the selected projects for...
- Reading between the lines. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Jan1998, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p8
Comments on Congress' stand concerning the role of the federal government in improving school facilities and addressing the deteriorating condition of the education infrastructure in the United States. Approval and allocation of funding for education construction and repair in the fiscal 1998...
- IRS releases 1999 QZAB Allocations; School renovation program enters final year. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p8
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released the qualified zone academy bond allocations for 1999. Determination of how much of the $400 million national cap the states can use for school renovation and expansion; Comparison with 1998 levels; Issuance of municipal...
- School Bond Bonanza. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p31
The article reports that several school districts in the state of Washington are seeking voter authorization for a combined total of nearly $400 million in debt during local elections on March 14, 2006. Some of the districts that made the requests include Highline School District, Bellingham...
- Los Angeles Unified School District To Sell Notes This Week, GOs Sept. 15. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p33
Reports on the plan of the Los Angeles Unified School District to sell $200 million of general obligation (GO) bonds. Description of the GO sale; Availability of more than a billion dollars in bond authorization of the district; Use of the special tax levied for the GO bonds to repay debt by the...
- NORTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p36
Reports on bond deals in the Northeastern States, compiled as of August 30, 2004. State general obligation economic recovery notes; District general obligations; EDA cigarette bonds; EDA school bonds; EFA pooled financing program; Commonwealth general obligations.
- Chicago Schools Ready to Dip Into QSCB Allocation With $254M Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/25/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33223, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Chicago Board of Education to enter the bond market with a 254 million dollars unlimited-tax general obligation issue. It announces that the co-managers of this transaction are Goldman, Sachs & Co. and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is...
- Construction Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p35
Reports that Frederick County officials are hoping to sell $8 million in bonds for school construction in Frederick County, Virginia.
- Houston Schools Selling Final Installment of Massive Package. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p48
Reports on the decision of Houston Independent School District to market a multimillion-dollar offering of general obligation bonds in Dallas, Texas. Use of the deal proceeds for the state's largest school district; Financial advisers of the deal; School bond rating.