- Planning on a Turnarond. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p64
Reports on the participation of Anacostia Waterfront Corp. in a redevelopment project along the Anacostia River in Washington D.C. in 2004. Plans of the company regarding the project; Reaction of critics on the plan; Comments from Andy Altman, the state's planning director, on the need of the...
- Diary. // Regeneration & Renewal;10/11/2010, p40
The article offers news briefs related to regeneration in London, England including the event of Homes & Communities Awards at the Roundhouse, the move of Regent's Canal to issue a guide from etiquette experts Debrett, and the choice of government to issue of the guide is Eric Prickles.
- Five developers eye Triangle. Mayrer, Jessica // Missoula Independent;8/25/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the plan of the Missoula Redevelopment Agency to redevelop the Riverfront Triangle in Montana.
- Denver voters approve National Western vote. Dreiling, Larry // High Plains Journal;11/16/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 47, p9B
The article reports that voters in Denver, Colorado have approved Measure 2C to transform the National Western Center into an educational, research, commerce and entertainment campus and a permanent home for the National Western Stock.
- URBAN NOTEBOOK. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Jul2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p19
The author presents his views on various issues affecting selected cities in the U.S. He cites the controversy over the sale of naming rights for a stadium in Boston, Massachusetts. A locality-themed curriculum for 4th and 7th grade school children was launched by the Utah League of Cities and...
- D.C.'s Skyland Project to Advance Despite Agency Dissolution. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/9/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32666, p8
The article reports that the Skyland Project will continue despite the dissolution of the National Capital Revitalization Corp. and the Anacostia Waterfront Corp. Skyland, a low-end shopping complex in the lower-income Hillcrest neighborhood of Southeast Washington, is to be redeveloped in order...
- Mayor Signs Waterfront Revitalization Legislation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p5
Reports that District of Columbia mayor Anthony Williams signed a legislation that created the Anacostia Waterfront Corp., an entity that will oversee the Anacostia Waterfront Initiative and will issue municipal bonds for some of the projects included in it. Effort to revitalize the shores of...
- Tax credits for 4 projects get preliminary approval. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/20/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p1
The article reports that preliminary approval has been given by the Michigan's Detroit Brownfield Redevelopment Authority for Michigan Business Tax credits for a major southwest side medical clinic and three residential projects in Detroit. For the requests to go to the state, the approval by...
- Chilly forecast for city's Metro-North station plans. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;12/17/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 51, p3
The article discusses the changes in the proposed redevelopment of city land in the Metro-North Railroad station in White Plains, New York. The mayor, Joseph M. Delfino, deferred his decision on which of four competing development teams would work on the project because two of the developers did...