- Bond-Vote Approval Rate Hits Modern Record. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31943, p3A
Presents a review of the bond-vote approval rate in the United States during the first half of 2004. Record amount of bond referendums that will eventually translate into essential and public service improvement projects for municipalities; Factors of increasing budget cuts at the state and...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;5/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p21
Several charts on the results of negotiated sales of various financial agencies of the U.S. states are presented that include New York State Housing Finance Agency, Sapulpa Municipal Authority and Glenbard Township High School District.
- Muni Bond Bills Still Hanging Around in California Legislature. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/9/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33128, p7
The article reports on the status of several bills on municipal bonds, which remained in the California State Legislature in 2009 in California. It states that one of the bills is the AB 1388, wherein the bill was passed to provide cities power to utilize bond sales, regardless of its value,...
- Bond Ratings Report Card. // Governing;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p54
Presents the bond ratings of states, cities and counties in the U.S. during the first half of 2001.
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32383, p8
Several graphs that list the competitive bond offerings of issuers Glen Rock Borough, Montana, and Polk County as of July 25, 2006 in the U.S. are presented.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;4/19/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32611, p22
Several charts are presented depicting the results of negotiated sales, including the School Improvement Bonds of Dysart Unified School District No. 89 in Arizona, Adjustable Rate Demand Revenue Bonds of Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority, and Multifamily Housing Revenue...
- Acorn Lists Markets with Highest Rate Risk. // American Banker;8/16/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 157, p7
The article reports that the Association of Community Organization for Reform Now (Acorn), an activist group, identified several metropolitan areas as areas at highest risk for mortgage rate adjustment shock. Acorn's report cited over a hundred metropolitan areas including Detroit, Michigan, El...
- Voters Turn Down $99M Michigan School District Measure. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p3
Reports the rejection of a bond referendum by the voters in the Royal Oaks School District in Michigan. Resentment of voters to pay for capital improvements for additional students; Sources of funding for school districts; Negative consequence to declining state tax revenue.
- Los Angeles School District to Put $3.35 Billion Bond Measure Before Voters. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31425, p3
Reports the plans of the Los Angeles Unified School District to issue bonds for local school districts in California. Allocation of funds in construction projects; Removal of portable classrooms; Development of early childhood programs.