Detroit Water Deal Largest of Slate on Tap From Cities, States
- D.C. May Issue &180M in Debt to Finance New Museum. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p5
Reports the plans of the district to sell tax-exempt municipal bonds in Washington, D.C. Amount of bonds the district planned to issue; Use of the sale to finance an interactive journalism museum; Refusal of the district finance office to disclose the details of the potential sale.
- Transportation: Frontier politics. // Inside Tucson Business;09/15/97, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p4
Editorial. Comments on the attacks made by the cities of Tucson and Marana, Arizona against Pima County's proposed transportation bond package. Press conferenced held by the mayor of both cities calling on revisions to the proposal; Delay in the County Board of Supervisors' final action on the...
- Buildings bursting at seams. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;6/29/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 26, pA1
The article reports that city officials in Olivette, Missouri could ask voters in April 2012 to approve a bond issue for new buildings to replace the old and overcrowded city buildings, including the municipal center and the community center.
- Florida County to shrink law firm pool in search of more efficient bond counsel. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30273, p7
Reports on the plans of Dade County in Florida to reduce the pool of law firms that can work on its bond issues. Aim of more efficiency and consistent disclosure from the move; Key points in the draft plan.
- Alaska cities hope tax-exempts will help pipe gas to market. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p28
Reports on the plan of three Alaska cities to form a port authority that could potentially sell as much as $1 billion of municipal bonds. Funding of the construction of a natural gas pipeline; Formation of the Alaska Gasline Port Authority.
- Massachusetts pays dissolved county's debt. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;07/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30190, p3
Reports that the state of Massachusetts have repaid holders of Middlesex County notes this July 17, 1997. Governor William Weld's signing of a bill that eliminated the county as a governmental entity; Background information on the county's financial problems.
- State Sacks. Harris, Monica // Jack & Jill;May/Jun2010, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p30
A quiz about U.S. states is presented.
- UNITED STATES PUZZLES. // World Almanac for Kids;2001, p294
Presents three puzzles related to United States locations.
- The City: Houston. Lopate, Phillip // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);11/7/2011 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 158 Issue 19, p4
In this article, the author stresses that the city of Houston in Texas, the 4th largest in the U.S., remains under appreciated as of November 7, 2011. The author finds it ironic that most Texans are expressing their dislike for Houston as it is too big, too jangling and too much like New York....