Lawton, Okla., Accelerates Capital Plans Ahead of Influx
- Will water projects get the money they need? Sundaramoorthy // Business News New Jersey;12/06/99, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p19
Part IV. Takes a look at the funding of water projects in New Jersey. Seminar organized by the New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust; Financing program of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection; Step-by-step process of how to apply for a loan.
- NYC rehabilitates Sixth Avenue. // American City & County;Feb96, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the reconstruction of New York City's Avenue of the Americas avenue also known as the Sixth Avenue. Department of Transportation's determination of upgrading needs of below-ground infrastructure and utilities; Installation of traffic signals, street lights and fire alarm; Factors...
- Chalk up another for the District of Columbia. Danitz, Tiffany; Hickey, Jennifer G.; Wagner, David // Insight on the News;02/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on the general repairs required to fix the highways, byways and streets of Washington D.C. Results of an audit conducted by the Government Accounting Office; Details on concerns of the Federal Highway Administration; Information on how the records were kept by the Federal Highway Trust...
- Amid legal gridlock, streets in disrepair. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/16/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 32, p1A
The article reports on the pathetic condition of the streets in several neighborhoods in Buda, Texas whcuih are not being repaired due to a legal dispute between the authorities and a contractor who was paid more than 700,000 dollars to demolish and rebuild the streets in 2007.
- Street work planned in Lake Saint Louis. // Wentzville Journal;8/21/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 67, pA8
The article cites plans to apply preservation seal to several streets in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri beginning August 25, 2011.
- An alternate plan to repair streets. Mascari, Frank // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p9
A letter to the editor in response to an article on street repair in Indianapolis, Indiana that was published in a previous issue is presented.
- Kellogg Boulevard Facelift. // Construction Bulletin;8/17/2001, Vol. 275 Issue 7, p19
Provides information on the reconstruction of Kellogg Boulevard and West Seventh Street in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Construction equipment and materials used; Estimated cost of the project; List of downtown projects as of August 2001.
- Contractor dodges tourists. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/10/95, Vol. 235 Issue 2, p17
Reports on tourists as the problem of construction workers replacing aging brick pavers and utilities in Lombard Street, the world's crookedest street, in San Francisco, California. Limited success in keeping tourists to one sidewalk; Maneuvering in tight quarters as challenge to track...
- Dayton streets get brick look without brick cost. Holten, Richard // American City & County;Dec94, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p26
Focuses on an innovative process used to create a brick look for asphalt for one of Dayton, Ohio's brick city streets. Contrast with labor-intensive, costly traditional repair of brick streets.