- the Economy. // Labor Law Journal;May51, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p322
The article presents information on various economic developments related to the U.S. The monotonous rise in the cost of living went on during March. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported the new adjusted Consumers' Price Index at 184.5 on March 15, up 0.4 per cent from February. The Federal...
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/24/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p17
Presents economic trends in the U.S. as of December 2001. Stability of consumer prices; Decline of the Producer Price Index; Reduction of consumer spending on retail goods.
- No need to be so negative as new year approaches. Dobbs, Lou // Caribbean Business;1/9/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on the economic condition in the U.S. Performance of the retail sector during the holiday season; Decline in stock indexes; Emergence of geopolitical problems.
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/12/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 23, p12
The article offers economic briefs in the U.S. in 2009. The retail sales in the U.S. for the month of May rise to 0.5% since January excluding automobiles and gasoline, which also gain 0.5%. Unemployment benefits fell by 24,000 as of June 6 to 601,000 below the expectations of some analysts....
- Real Inventories, Sales, and Inventory-Sales Ratios for Manufacturing and Trade, 2001:I. // Survey of Current Business;Jun2001, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p20
Examines the economic factors affecting the financial condition of manufacturing industries in the United States as of June 2001. Details on a survey conducted by the North American Industry Classification System; Estimated rates of real inventories, sales and inventory-sales ratio; Discussion...
- ECONOMICS & FINANCIAL DATA. // Caribbean Business;7/30/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 30, p15
The article reports on the economic and financial performance of the U.S. in 2009. It shows that new car sales in Puerto Rico has increased by 8.7% to 6,284 units in June. It also indicates that the U.S. producer price index (PPI) for finish goods rose by 1.8%on a monthly basis in June. However,...
- Import Prices Slip 2.1%; Export Prices Fall 0.5%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p2
The article provides updates on the import and export trade in the U.S. for September 2006. According to reports the Import Price Index fell 2.1% for the month due to a drop in the petroleum import prices, the drop depicts the first decline in six months. The export prices fell by 0.5% after...
- Import prices down for third consecutive month. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Jan2002, pN.PAG
Focuses on the decline posted by the U.S. Import Price Index in December 2001. Total drop in the price of imported goods; Decline in petroleum prices from September-December.
- Strange dichotomy. Tirschwell, Peter // JoC Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the surge of products imported into the United States by retailers and consumer products companies. Contrast with other sectors of the economy; Warning about the consequences of mistakes in building up inventories; Shift of manufacturing from North America to Asia.