Philly Going Competitive
- Philadelphia Mayor's Blight Bond Proposal Goes to City Council. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the submission of Philadelphia Mayor John Street's blight bond proposal to the City Council. Street's proposed issuance of bonds through the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority; Amount of bonds to be issued; Two tax-exempt bonds included in the proposed deal.
- Mayor's Plan Defeated. Whaien, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/10/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32357, p29
The article reports on the failure of the Philadelphia City Council to gather enough votes to support a ballot measure proposed by City Mayor John Street which is aimed at financing capital projects.
- Philadelphia Mayor Asks for City to Consider Selling Troubled Gas Works. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p6
Reports on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Mayor John Street's announcement of his $2.9 million budget for the city on January 23, 2001. Proposal that the city consider selling the financially strapped Philadelphia Gas Works; Announcement of a bond-backed anti-blight initiative.
- PENNSYLVANIA. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;4/23/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31123, p-39
Reports that Pennsylvania-based Philadelphia City Council has delayed the introduction of a legislation by Mayor John Street about $250 million anti-blight bonding program. Possible reason behind the delay in the introduction of the legislation; Objective with which the legislation was submitted...
- Street Smart. Plummer, William; Calandra, Bob // People;
Profiles John Street, the mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- TEXAS: El Paso Interest Cap Lifted. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/6/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33957, p9
The article informs that with market growth the city council of El Paso in Texas has raised the interest rate of the municipal bonds issued to build a ballpark in the region.
- TEXAS: El Paso Sets $468M GO Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/29/2012, p7
The article reports on the approval of the City Council of El Paso, Texas to a revised project list to be funded with proceeds from a proposed general obligation (GO) bond package worth 468 million U.S. dollars.
- ARIZONA: The Bond Review Returns. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/10/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33744, p9
The article offers information on the voting of the City Council of Scottsdale, Arizona for the reestablishment of citizens bond review panel in order to study proposals to be included in 2013 referendum and informs that the city's general obligation bonds are rated triple-A across the board.
- Philadelphia Eyes Surety Bond Instead of Water, Sewer Fund. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31871, p36
Reports on the proposal mulled by the City Council to replace its water and sewer debt service reserve fund with a surety bond in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Proposal of the idea as part of the fiscal 2005 operating budget of mayor John Street; Economic development investment fund included in...